[pix] [finished] Germanium Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3nity said:
Looks super! hey Volker this wont fit a regular 500 rack isnt it? ...
thanks

no, this one won't fit your API Alliance Lunchbox etc, it is only GroupDIY 51x Alliance compatible.
but there will be kubi's stand alone PCB available for all not using a GroupDIY 51X Alliance Rack.

What components used are specified "germanium" , I do not see any reference to it.

Diodes ? part # ?

looks nice so far

Hi Kubi,

I'm very new to this stuff, just finished my first MicPre, a G9, and just found this thread. My I say...WOW!  :eek:

Very interested in this to be my second project. Just an observation...I noticed in your  pics on the first page that none of your wiring is twisted, in pics of other equipment I've seen, wires twisted, some looks very tightly twisted. Is this practice used in some circuits and not others?

sorry for the novice question.

I've been tracking vocals through my BA-31b this week and I'm so in love right now. I would bet that the sound has more to do with the iron than the germanium. That said, if this project were offered with reasonably similar iron at a somewhat reasonable price, I would be all over that like stink on a monkey.

It's gonna take some convincing on the iron, though. Those UTCs are pure art.

As I can see that's Kubi's version of the PCB. What happened with your version Volker? Also, are the Haufe tx's available? If yes will somebody from Germany organize some nice group buy  ;D

Moby said:
As I can see that's Kubi's version of the PCB. What happened with your version Volker? Also, are the Haufe tx's available? If yes will somebody from Germany organize some nice group buy  ;D
my 51X version will be ready once the cases are available - doesn't make sense before.
first we build prototypes of Kubis standalone JENSAMP2009.
I might offer some Haufe transformers with the PCBs, and I already scored 50 x ASY26 ...

herr kubarth, your work is awesome!!!!! may i say that that my first contact with (a photo) of your DAOC-1, and then a couple of google search nights, lead me to now building my first diy project...
RESPECT!!
cheers, alex

Back