Poor Man's Tube Gain Make Up Stage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made what I hope are the final tweaks to this PCB layout. I have checked the trimmer pot footprint and this is correct for a range of standard quarter inch preset pots such as the Murata PV37W series and the Bourns 3226W series, both of which are cermet top adjust multi-turn types that should be readily available. I have removed the mounting holes so you can use any bracket you like or not as the case may be. Finally I have added a ground pin next to the pad pot VR2 so a screened cable can be used to connect it to the EQ in/out switch.

I think we are close to orders of 30 so I'll give it another week to see if we can reach the magic 50 figure and get a decent price for the PCBS. As ever, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Ian

Attachments

• PMTGMUfinal.png
    PMTGMUfinal.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 108
OK, I think we are ready to take orders for the poor man's tube gain make up (PMTGMU) PCB so here is a list of takers and number of PCBs I think they want. As usual, any changes or additions let me know. Price assumes we get at least 50 so the PCBs are 5 gbp each plus a 2 gbp flat shipping/paypal rate.

Code:
Name                PCB Qty            Price (GBP)
mylesgm              8                      42
Albrebreton          6                      32
detonator            2                      12
kante1603            4                      22
Grooveteer           4                      22
fazer                4                      22
leadbreath           1                      7
Hank Dussen          2                      12
baadc0de             4                      22
danijel              2                      12
Joechris             4                      22
culteousness1        2                      12
Matthew Jacobs       8                      42
Script               2                      12
MatthisD             2                      12
Winetree             4                      22
strangeandbouncy     2                      12
buschfsu             2                      12
Citrus Hill          10                     52

Total 73 PCBs

Cheers

Ian

Since people have started paying me for the PCBs already I have decided to go ahead and order them. I have placed an order for 100 off so there will be some for me and some spares. Delivery is 11 working days which I reckon will be around Monday 27th June. I am going to copy the buyers list to my first post on the first page of this thread and add my Paypal email so it is easy to find. I'll update the list as people pay and when I ship the PCBs as normal.

Cheers

Ian

Back