Radio Shack lamentation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodderboy

GDIY Supporter
I had an issue last week with a crazy Bryston 4B oscillation, eventually determined to be due to 150 feet of cable hanging off the ins and outs. I knew a couple of 1K2 resistors would have killed it, but RS is gone, and two local legacy NYC studios had no techs around. Tech? Still, neither tech has called me back. The opposite of the 80's in Times Square where we shared whatever a tech needed. Even the "U break I fix" guys didn't have resistors! The fix was to swap MAINS and MINI feeds at both ends. It was crazy that either MINI channel by itselve would cause the amp to go into thermal. Writing this I did not think of adding 35' mic cables to the inputs. THAT might have worked
Then in another room there was a floor panel with a busted NS10 chassis fuse holder. Another instance where the Shack could have saved my bacon. You can't bring your whole shop with you, but I am going to load-up my kit on some key resistor values. Maybe leave the greenie at home? NEVER!
Mike
PS: they sell clothes n'stuff now, I had to get a black VU shirt, but the fabric is really thin and cheap, and only a fool would buy this for 49.99.

Latest posts

Back