Red Numbered Skirted Knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, Everyone,

I doing some custom guitar amp builds and am wanting to find skirted, numbered knobs in different colors than black. It seems that at this point in time these Fender style knobs would be available in a variety of palette options. Can anyone recommend a knob manufacturer that is capable of doing custom plastic colors and not be outrageously priced for quantities of 100 or less?

Thanks!

Paul

Those are for guitars and push on 6mm knurled shafts. I am looking ones with set screws that fit 1/4" shaft as most commonly seen on Fender style amplifiers.

Thanks!

Paul

Mark Bartel makes his own knobs for his latest amps. Not the easiest solution, but possible. I've made trim rings for the Silvertone 1446 the same way, but there were no other options there. I think the trickiest issues for a knob would be dialing in the color, drilling and tapping for the set screw, and doing the color fill for the numbers. Still doable though.

Mark's Knobs:
https://bartelamps.com/signatureseriesdetails/

1446.jpeg

“Faith Chen” at Yueqing Onter on Alibaba at has helped me on a couple orders. For 100 you might get some customization.

Also Alibaba has this “RFQ” thing where you describe what you want, and after giving some personal data, you will get offers from companies that can (or dan’t) do what you want.
Some are hungrier and will offer free samples and some won’t. But I believe for a couple hundred knobs it’s fully safe with Aliprotect, or whatever it is called.
It’s kind of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3947.png
    IMG_3947.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Back