Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riggler said:
My PM box is full of requests for more bodies. I am going to run 100, the first of those go to the people we owe.
Does this mean that there will be 'extras' in the first batch that are not yet accounted for?  Or, is the queue greater than 100?  If you  expect this run to have openings, I'd  like to purchase one when the time comes.  Thanks.

That's so classy Andrew...here you are making the same kind of bodies and also take the time to compliment someone else's work.

Thanks for helping make this an awesome place to be!  :D

Mike

I will have more bodies than orders yet by my last count, so those people still wanting them should be in good shape. I need to get on my PM's yet. Will do.

riggler said:
I will have more bodies than orders yet by my last count, so those people still wanting them should be in good shape. I need to get on my PM's yet. Will do.
Great, thanks. As mentioned, I'd like to reserve one so add me to that list. Thx!

Hi Riggler,

Thanks for proceeding with this project.

If there is still room could you please add me to the list for a body?

Tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Thanks and take care.

Cheers
Mac

Yes, still room!

Guys, update:

Here is a test mesh pressing. We have a little tweaking to do, however, this is LIGHT YEARS better form than what we had before. We just need to get the edge perfect. Also, here is the oven that will harden the steel dies and also do the soldering, and a pic of the aluminum test die. The real thing is steel and goes in my die set!

Attachments

• IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 104
Nice!  That was a concern of mine, getting a properly shaped mesh.  Looks good, Riggler!

hello,

can i be added to your 4,'th  run of M49 ?  how do i reserve x2 and payment , thanks.

Riggler,
Tried to PM you but your inbox is full.
Can you give an update on when the bodies will be available?
Thanks
Ian
'Imo'

To anyone who has built one of these mics:

What are you using for a mount?! I've been balancing mine on top of an undersized shockmount, which is obviously not ideal. I've seen a couple of expensive options, but I don't want to spend $200+ dollars on a mount. Any ideas?

With the binder connectors I have used one of these as a swivel mount:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RingMount?adpos=1o1&creative=54989489041&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CJWl_va49cgCFU2RHwod34cE9w

The ring is slightly too small but you can open it up just a hair with a stepper-bit and it works perfect to fit snug between the mic-body-binder-connector and the cable-binder-connector. If you really need a shockmount the options are a bit higher in cost from what I've seen or you'll need to DIY something maybe with some brass bar / felt / wing-nuts or similar.

I use these on the U47 bodies too like this:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=54004.msg741466#msg741466

Cheers!
-jb

The mesh looks great man! What is the next step in the process?  my mic is excited to finally have a proper home.

I would like to put in an order for a m49 body as well. Let me know how to get payment to yall

Latest posts

Back