Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
didn't have any news since his last post here, it was in October. He seemed to be close to finish the bodies!

I would like to have some news because it's a lot of money...

I suggest you see if Eric (tskguy) here in the forum knows what's up. They were buddies and both working on this project. Eric has been active selling capsules so I'm sure he's around.

Hi guys,

Oh man.. I am here! I have been waiting on my machinist Garrett from Rego Precision. I did not want to post anything until I had some GOOD NEWS, and that is *tomorrow* he is running the new prototype body for me!!! (He is making two actually, and he actually committed to tomorrow) I am taking it immediately to the heat treating facility, which is right behind my day job. They do induction heating there. This will be MUCH cleaner than either a torch (what the first guy did), or Garret's oven (which is what I was going to do). Brass requires a higher frequency than steel does, and so they will be using their highest frequency machine for it.

I'm sorry I have not caught up with messages and updated you guys. I really did not have a good update until now. I've been waiting for my machinist, but I also having been working non stop keeping my head above water. He's finally ready to really move. I'm upset that it's taken this long but he's the best, and he's local, and he is really helping me out with the costs and making this happen.

Personally life has had its ups and downs, but I have NOT let that slow the bodies down. I have been working full time plus freelancing, plus teaching night classes, then the divorce... (I know it has been months since an update with any substance...) I can't apologize enough to you all.

I am - and have been - keeping this thread alive because this project is not dead. You must realize that after the last experience Eric and I had, I don't want to commit to having a product ready to ship until I have it in my hands, plated and all.

I don't want to put my phone number on here, but I will gladly send my number to anyone that wants to talk. I am taking tonight to clean out my inbox here and respond to some recent emails. (I'm usually pretty good about email, but have held off recently because I knew Garrett was close to being ready to actually move on things). You can email me at [email protected] if you can't get me on here. My PM box fills up so quickly, there are a lot of new people that want bodies yet, and I can't commit to those until I know I can do a solid run without getting burned like Eric and I did the last time.

I will post some hopefully very happy pictures tomorrow!

Damian

thank you for the update!
I understand your problems, the delay is not a big deal for me. It's a part of our DIY process!
I was just worried because there wasn't any news about the project,
Now everything's clear so I want to thank you again for your work! ;)

Hi Riggler,

Great to see you back.

As much as individuals are anxious to receive news regarding the new bodies, I am sure that, more than this, all are relieved that you are back and doing well.

Take care
Mac

Finally in production of the new prototypes!!!!! Machinist is on it! Uploading a picture from my phone, hopefully it works!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 135
Okay getting a very nice mate now with the mesh. I'm going to make a better trim band too. I don't like what the simple T shape did before. This is going to be more like H channel but fully machined, not bent in a brake.

You can't see it in the picture, but the mesh layers now all stay perfectly together, no gaps between layers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 189
New trim band designed. Fully machined, should make for a perfect consistent mesh fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 92
I have just taken Andreas' place in line.  Feel free to contact me about shipping details. Thanks!

echolater said:
Hi - I'm interested in 1. 

Thanks!
Hey guys--read this whole thread before jumping on...this project may never go --it's 2-3 years now with lots of issues. Riggler means well but he's had some huge setbacks that may prevent this from ever happening. I'm happy to be wrong but...but...

Better to look at Aputis' M49 bodies or ask Spencer Lee Horton to do another run. Or if you're flush and foaming at the mouth get a FleA body like I did...

Good luck all Ye hangers on of this (dead?) thread...

Hey guys....surprisingly enough the project is still active.. My involvement is no longer but Riggler is committed in getting these finished although very slowly😳😳:..  The current status is that Riggler is waiting on the proto head basket band.. Not sure if you guys have noticed any of the other guys building these type of bodies haven't produced any yet is all due to the head basket!!! It's a son of a gun to get them right.. Riggler is committed in doing them so they look flawless.. So no the project isn't dead it's just not an easy task..
I asked Riggler to chime in hopefully he does...

Eric

Back