Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Here is a quick speaking test in to the M49B, This is Dany's B version with a AMI T49 transformer and one of my k47 style capsules. You can for sure hear the large room I am in and the low hum of my machine in the background,... I think it sounds pretty darn nice!!  Please let me know.
And here are a few pics in its new case!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55530129/m49%20test2.wav

Steph.B said:
Hey Dan, can you tell us please when the PCB's will be available again ?

Thank you.

Stephane.

about 2-3 weeks,
dan,

Sgare,

I guess this is the why the website has DIY in its name :)  Riggler and I are not providing a mount, that being said there are a few options out there, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Neumann+M49+yoke
I know that Riggler is also drawing something up but its months before we would see anything. I personally am going to modify a chinese shock mount so it will work with the M49's girth. Once I get that finished I will post some pics.

Eric

The binder connector will allow a screw-on shockmount as well - if there is one available with the right thread size.

Dual Transformer Board AT49-MBV11 , Flip of a Coin ,

58d0281993e1a.jpg

Best,

Andreas,

Not sure if you noticed but I am doing 50 the first run now so please just pay using paypal to the address in the first post.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

I'm on the list for the second run. Could you please clarify for me and others whether these are shipping now? If not, what is the time frame?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

No they are still being machined,

I am hoping that they will be finished and ready for plating this week. I asked for an update from my machinist this morning I will then have a better timeline for shipping.

Thanks for the patience!

Eric

Small update everyone:

After talking to Eric and the machinist we are estimating the ship date to be sometime in the first week of August. Between Eric and I we are caught up with money, the order list, address info, etc. The machinist is running the parts on a new CNC machine. However, the mesh pressings are all done. Once all the parts are complete they go to plating. Then we must package everything. So we are thinking we will get everything together to ship with orders going out 1st week of August.

That's the plan! 13 bodies left as of July 16th.

Latest posts

Back