RODE NT2 J.W. MOD - schematic attached

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The low-cut method they used (terminating the capsule with a relative low value resistor) is no doubt the worst thinkable solution.
Yes, it will work as a low-cut, but it will also raise the self noise to an unacceptable level.

RuudNL said:
The low-cut method they used (terminating the capsule with a relative low value resistor) is no doubt the worst thinkable solution.
Yes, it will work as a low-cut, but it will also raise the self noise to an unacceptable level.
Yes, you mentioned about this in your earlier comment. I can desoldering the one end of that resitor and give up that hi fass filter though..

I always discourage people to use the low-cut switch on the microphone.
Usually it is possible to do the same on a preamp or mixer channel, with much better results.

(I forgot what I wrote about the low-cut switch in 2014!  :D )

RuudNL said:
I always discourage people to use the low-cut switch on the microphone.
Usually it is possible to do the same on a preamp or mixer channel, with much better results.

(I forgot what I wrote about the low-cut switch in 2014!  :D )
Yes you're r,ight RuudNL,  every desk alreday  has it's own low cut  option.. So this is not so important..

Anyone with an UNMODIFIED NT2 tell us if the original had omni sounding quieter than cardioid? Someone with the actual item please rather than half remembered stuff
Yes. Checked that before futzing with it. The futzing I did didn't change that.

Latest posts

Back