SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you've got one that fits to sell at a good price I coulb be interested...
or 2 better ones to change the 2 mics (knowing that I intend to put an Arienne 47-flat in them to make a "formidable" mic !

How about Neutrik NTE4? Granted, it's 4:1 rather than the stock 2:1, but apart from a lower level, it should be just fine. 13e @ Thomann.

Or an NTE10-3, using the 3:1 wiring, for 13,40e in the same place.

How about Neutrik NTE4? Granted, it's 4:1 rather than the stock 2:1, but apart from a lower level, it should be just fine. 13e @ Thomann.

Or an NTE10-3, using the 3:1 wiring, for 13,40e in the same place.
neutrik has a small core area, it saturates very quickly, I used nte 10/3 in km84 and u87

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-19-15-23-00-918_com.atomicadd.fotos.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-19-15-23-00-918_com.atomicadd.fotos.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I think I'm supposed to wire so :
In = 1&3 for 600Ω
Out = 4&5 for 300Ω

or... 4+6 & 5+8 for // 300+600 = 200Ω more or less...

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-03-19 à 14.29.22.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2024-03-19 à 14.29.22.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 0
Ok for 1&3 600Ω IN / 4+6 & 5+8 200ΩOUT
Do you think Guys I would elevate the quality if I buy 2 for my 2 "t.bone-Arienne-K47" ??

Ok for 1&3 600Ω IN / 4+6 & 5+8 200ΩOUT
Do you think Guys I would elevate the quality if I buy 2 for my 2 "t.bone-Arienne-K47" ??
The SC-1100 is a good microphone even stock, although a bit bright. It is optimized, made by a good Chinese brand for Thomann, maybe Feilo. Initially they used original Lundahl transformers for the SE z3300, then they copied them.
I would buy just one transformer and have two different characters.
The most suitable I would use it for the microphone with the K47 flat.
Then I would decide what to do next.
You can't predict such things

The SC-1100 is a good microphone even stock, although a bit bright. It is optimized, made by a good Chinese brand for Thomann, maybe Feilo. Initially they used original Lundahl transformers for the SE z3300, then they copied them.
I would buy just one transformer and have two different characters.
The most suitable I would use it for the microphone with the K47 flat.
Then I would decide what to do next.
You can't predict such things
Thanx for your opinion...
The only things I did (in both of them) is repalce the 1GΩ capacitor (1nF ceramic) by a WIMA Fkp2 and the 47uF 25v generic by a good Panasonic 47uF 35v and that's all...
It's not a bad idea to leave 1 SC1100 as it is and tweak the other with a Tr & U47-flat... but I'm about to receive a Stam Audio U47 Fet so different things can be done with these cheap (at buying) t.bone...
Or I could install a better capsule in one of them for multi-pattern purpose...
These mics are incredible for the price !

I'm thinking about using one for diying a tube mic. Why ? because it's built like a tank, there's space to work in (54mm diameter) and place a 12XX7 for exemple...

Anyway, thank you guys for your priceless help !
The Monacor will only be available in about 2 or 3 weeks...
I'll let you know on this thread how it goes...
Best Regards

Thanx for your opinion...
The only things I did (in both of them) is repalce the 1GΩ capacitor (1nF ceramic) by a WIMA Fkp2 and the 47uF 25v generic by a good Panasonic 47uF 35v and that's all...
It's not a bad idea to leave 1 SC1100 as it is and tweak the other with a Tr & U47-flat... but I'm about to receive a Stam Audio U47 Fet so different things can be done with these cheap (at buying) t.bone...
Or I could install a better capsule in one of them for multi-pattern purpose...
These mics are incredible for the price !

I'm thinking about using one for diying a tube mic. Why ? because it's built like a tank, there's space to work in (54mm diameter) and place a 12XX7 for exemple...
Of course you can do whatever you want they are very cheap
(I buy whatever T.bone I find cheap)

Note:
I always preferred between the 2 resistors of 1G, a styroflex capacitor, be it vocals, instruments or complex signal. The sound seems more refined to me

Of course you can do whatever you want they are very cheap
(I buy whatever T.bone I find cheap)

Note:
I always preferred between the 2 resistors of 1G, a styroflex capacitor, be it vocals, instruments or complex signal. The sound seems more refined to me
I bought 2 polystyren 1000pF also > so I will try ! ;)

Back