SE Electronics Z3300a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are talking about picts I gathered from sE official web site ! I don't know what to add...
I'll open up mine tomorrow to check this...

edit : I went again on their wensite and it seems they post the same pict for 2200 & 2300... not serious job :/

you guys are talking about picts I gathered from sE official web site ! I don't know what to add...

Yeah, because no company ever in the history of time has ever lied in marketing materials, OR made any mistakes, right? Whatever they post on their website is sacred, holy, and could not possibly be mistaken or misleading? :D

"How are they achieving multipattern?" ... With a single sided capsule... Could've at least taken a few seconds to look more closely at the photo before posting it :)

And as micolas mentioned, you COULD add actual internal photos of the mics you have, if that was the point? :D

Yeah, because no company ever in the history of time has ever lied in marketing materials, OR made any mistakes, right? Whatever they post on their website is sacred, holy, and could not possibly be mistaken or misleading? :D

"How are they achieving multipattern?" ... With a single sided capsule... Could've at least taken a few seconds to look more closely at the photo before posting it :)

And as micolas mentioned, you COULD add actual internal photos of the mics you have, if that was the point? :D
Stay cool Khron ;) it's 9:30 PM in France and it's no time to take pictures... as I said I will post some tomorrow
BTW : I have a pair of X1S out-of-order that technicians around me didn't find the problem so I decided to throw the board (full of cms) away and replace it by a diy "schoeps-like" + polarisation board (all on the same board) made with through-hole components

BTW : I have a pair of X1S out-of-order that technicians around me didn't find the problem so I decided to throw the board (full of cms) away and replace it by a diy "schoeps-like" + polarisation board (all on the same board) made with through-hole components
Don't throw away the PCBs from the X1s, they will be useful for something someday

Stay cool Khron ;)

Oh, i've never been cool - why do you think i hang out around here? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But no, i wasn't angry or anything, just trying to be "firmly" informative :LOL:

a pair of X1S out-of-order that technicians around me didn't find the problem so I decided to throw the board (full of cms) away and replace it by a diy "schoeps-like" + polarisation board (all on the same board) made with through-hole components

And what if it turns out the capsules are dead? Or what issues do they have? (New thread for those, perhaps?)

Oh, i've never been cool - why do you think i hang out around here? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But no, i wasn't angry or anything, just trying to be "firmly" informative :LOL:

And what if it turns out the capsules are dead? Or what issues do they have? (New thread for those, perhaps?)
Yeah I was "teasing" you ;) the capsules have been tested on other pre and they do work (and I don't see any reason for 2 capsules to turn dead suddenly for no reason)

What I mean by "throw away" is I won't try to fix them (for the moment) but will keep them in case of...

With my old sE X1, it must've been some resistor(s) that went noisy, because i had replaced almost everything else on that board (after trying the capsule out of a Shure KSM27 first), before making up a completely new replacement board 🤦‍♂️

https://khronscave.blogspot.com/2017/05/se-electronics-se-x1-rebuild.html
Yeah I read your blog in first place (before it led me here, to groupdiy... thanks for that !)

My case : I sold and ship my 2 X1S to an american guy based in France. He received the mics and told me they don't work (a 10sec shhhhhhhh (white noise-like) when 48v is activated then nothing). He shipped them back to me and I noticed that they were effectively out-of-order. I try to make them fixed but the two technicians I've seen told me that the repair would cost more than the mics... After dealing with my buyer, I refound him half the price of the selling and told him I would repair them (with another circuit). If he'll be still interested in getting them, he will refund back to me the 50% and I will reship the mics to him... That's the story (a bit complex I agree)

the 2 technicians rapidly tested the 2 boards and found the right voltages at the right places...

Last edited:
In DC/DC from some versions they used the jFET
2SK105!!!
Neumann used it in some U87 revisions.
I was very excited to find it!✨
Hi Micolas ! I've checked this morning and I've got the old version. T1 is SK170 and T2 is written A1015
T3 is C105 and T4 is C100U (?)
the circuits seem very well done with metal resistors adn Rubycon 47uF 25v + CBB + Tantalum
It's not a cheap mic despite the ridiculous price and I hope (I'm pretty sure) that it will sound much better with Arienne U47 flat

Hi Micolas ! I've checked this morning and I've got the old version. T1 is SK170 and T2 is written A1015
T3 is C105 and T4 is C100U (?)
the circuits seem very well done with metal resistors adn Rubycon 47uF 25v + CBB + Tantalum
It's not a cheap mic despite the ridiculous price and I hope (I'm pretty sure) that it will sound much better with Arienne U47 flat
Post a macro, sharp picture with the T3
It is possible that T3 will read K105
i.e. 2SK105

SE microphones have been discussed here:
3300, 2300, 2200, X1, X1s
✨
Here I added a DC/DC converter to an old SE2200
I increased the polarizing voltage of the capsule stock from 36v to 65v
It increased the output signal and dramatically decreased the microphone noise.(from 18..20dB to <13dB, compared with B1). I also got a nice magnetic saturation of the transformer, earlier, more harmonics, nice flavor.
I increased the capacitor in the de-emphasis circuit and from a too bright, sibilant sound, I got something in the vintage U87 style, warm, mellow and sweet.(maybe U67?😀)
DC/DC I made it p2p in my style on metal, without classic PCB. It also helps with electromagnetic shielding, reduces radio frequency interference (oscillator operating at 1.7...2.1 MHz depending on the components)
Sometimes I completely enclose the oscillator in a metal shield (see Z3300a DC/DC picture).
Of course I modified the supply of the audio circuit to compensate for the consumption of the Oscillator, from Phantom.

Attachments

• IMG_20240301_124703.jpg
    IMG_20240301_124703.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230706_171139_1709294248765.jpg
    IMG_20230706_171139_1709294248765.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Back