Send'N'Blend (Standalone 4 Channel/Stereo) Mix/Blend Design (Now Available)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kante1603 said:
...I always put a highpass-filter on the dry signal:when you add it to the compressed the summed level of both is not changing much...

i get send and blend. it would be nice if a lot more effects simply had a 'mix' pot to blend the dry input, but.
how would that particular chain work here?
surely you would need the send (to comp/blend effect)to be pre-eq/filter for the final blend to include a full dry signal + hpf triggered comp etc., hence two mixer channels(one sent to comp w/hpf, one dry inc low end)

What's it's raison d'etre?

Well, if you are mixing in the box, and want to do parallel compression using one pair of analog I/O, and want latency-free, one-knob, simple but perfect blending, you can use a small mixer, but you never have a single 'more/less' knob... it's always a juggling act with the faders.

The crush-n-blend (call it what you like) type approach is fantastic, and gives a 'one-knob' solution.

Keith

Oops, sorry missed that.

No, you can't chop the board in half (well you could, but don't think it would work so well  ;D ).  There's copper traces and ground planes running across the board.

You certainly could just populate 2 channels though if that's all you needed, wouldn't make any difference, they're all independant of each other and all have individual ground planes which star at the PS connector input.

Yea i understand, its just i want it as a control on my sb4000.
Its a part of my uni project.
I do plan on making a stand alone unit but really kinda need it in my sb4000. (got a spare space on my front panel

why don't you get an internal crush'n'blend pcb?
It's much smaller and it removes the balancing amp that you don't need.
The thread is called "internal crush n blend" IIRC.

I didn't know he stopped making them.
Didn't he put out the pcb artwork so we can build them ourselves?
I don't really remember.

kante1603 said:
theboards.jpg

Very nice! It just looks soo clean on top.
Would love to have a look underneath those vero boards.

Back