Simple DiodeBridge Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry for misunderstanding
I thought you were referring to this Simple DiodeBridge Compressor.... i was looking for a combo input...
instead for the unbal/balout purpose i can leave the blendAmp as it was, cause one of out leg is ground sensing, in a different manner but it is, right?

Attachments

• blend.png
    blend.png
    221.4 KB · Views: 79
here where i found the design
It allows ground voltages to be canceled out even if the receiving equipment has an unbalanced input; it prevents any possibility of creating a phase error by mis-wiring, and it costs virtually nothing except for the provision of a three-pin output connector.

Attachments

• ground canceling out.png
    ground canceling out.png
    555.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
by the way thanks for all support , even when i m hard at understanding!
i d like to know if the combo input solution is properly done, so i ll finish the proto and can run measurments
best
richi

here where i found the design
It allows ground voltages to be canceled out even if the receiving equipment has an unbalanced input; it prevents any possibility of creating a phase error by mis-wiring, and it costs virtually nothing except for the provision of a three-pin output connector.
That's exactly why I suggested it.

Here again for troubling... Need psu help
Found a pwr Tfx... I d like to know if can be used for the attached purpose
Black wires for main 220, yellow earth and purple ones on secondary, read close to 24vac...
If not good for this purpose, then for what can be used?
Thanks for your attention

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_113852.jpg
    IMG_20220213_113852.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20220213_114400.jpg
    IMG_20220213_114400.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 49
At the moment I m running an old console psu for testing purposes... Never builded a psu...
I d like to have one to put into enclosure... I m looking at the mini psu of calrec eq...

A 15 0 15 transformer will give around 1.4 x 15 = 21 volts DC after full-wave rectification, so it should be fine for use with 15 volt regulators

Under no load, a 15 0 15 will typically show quite a lot more than 15 volts across each part of the secondary, but the voltage will fall with load

You can (and should) verify the secondary voltages before and after the diode bridge to verify they are within the limits for the regulator

A 15 0 15 transformer will give around 1.4 x 15 = 21 volts DC after full-wave rectification, so it should be fine for use with 15 volt regulators

Under no load, a 15 0 15 will typically show quite a lot more than 15 volts across each part of the secondary, but the voltage will fall with load

You can (and should) verify the secondary voltages before and after the diode bridge to verify they are within the limits for the regulator
Great! Thank you so much
Best

The mini psu.... I think it s by Gyraf
With 15 0 15.... I get 18 and - 19 with no load....
Cool!

Attachments

• IMG-20220213-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20220213-WA0010.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 61
tried to use one Sidechain to drive 2 channels
seems to work!
what do you think?

Attachments

• 1SCx2Ch.png
    1SCx2Ch.png
    296.2 KB · Views: 43
thinking economy and matching components time, i m trying this approach
maybe the feedback sum can be done in a proper manner, i m running a rude approach
best
richi

Latest posts

Back