• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skylar's DIY CLOSEOUT Extravaganza - ROUND 3

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ruairioflaherty said:
Skylar said:
I don't have pics right now, but I will take some tomorrow when there's sunlight. It's set up with with 2 empty card slots inside already wired to the PSU and XLR I/O. So it would be just a matter of building the modules and plugging them in.

Only if it's not too much trouble, I would describe my interest level as 2 notches above tire kicking :)

Are the existing channels all stock Classic API parts?

Yes, both channels are Jeff's VP25 with ppa's DOAs.

jstark said:
what transformers did you use in the N72?

thanks,
David

Carnhill in and out on all 3 channels.

You sell the complete rack or unit by unit?

If it is unit by unit I would love to have the one with the 3 N72s... it does have a power supply, correct?

Also, I would take the JE-990, If I read correctly it contains both a completed and a parts one?

dmnieto said:
You sell the complete rack or unit by unit?

If it is unit by unit I would love to have the one with the 3 N72s... it does have a power supply, correct?

Also, I would take the JE-990, If I read correctly it contains both a completed and a parts one?

I have a person interested in taking the whole rack, so if that falls through I will sell the units individually.
All the components (the three preamps and converter) are fully working with power supplies.

The JE-990 includes the completed unit and the parts to build a second.

Esoterimix said:
Did the 1176 Rev A board already get snagged?

I have invoiced someone for the 1176 Rev A, but no payment yet. If that falls through, you're next in line.
I would love to sell all 1176 boards in one group for $90, but I will split them for $30/per set.

mnats will get all the proceeds from the 1176 boards and JE-990 opamps.

Skylar said:
I have a person interested in taking the whole rack, so if that falls through I will sell the units individually.
All the components (the three preamps and converter) are fully working with power supplies.

The JE-990 includes the completed unit and the parts to build a second.
If the whole rack deal does indeed fall trough give me a shout, I may turn crazy enough to get it myself, or at least almost all of it.

You are selling a great deal sir.

berkleystudios said:
interested in 1176 Rev A, mystery box 2, solder paste kit, and 5fish PSU.

Still interested in the 1176 Rev A and solder paste kit? (FiveFish PSU is already gone)

Here's the info on the rack units...

More G9 images here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=16168.msg187112#msg187112
Comes with 2 extra, matched JJ tubes.

The "S72" is an SCA case & PSU with a custom front panel. The first 2 channels are SCA N72. The third channel was simply a test bed for my BA283 cards that I made. So in order to make it work for testing, I built a power regulator board to take the SCA PSU's 32V down to 24V for the Neve circuit. The gain staging is based off of JLM documentation and works very nicely, loading the input transformer more like the 1073 unit. Even though the 3rd channel was just a place-holder, it ended up sounding better than the other two channels (better gain-staging, better components), so I never took it out, and used it exclusively for all my vocal stuff. That channel doesn't look pretty, but it sounds stellar! Whatever the lucky buyer wants to do with it is up to them...leave CH3 in, bolt it down, build another channel like it, whatever.
bizsft1.jpg

VP25: ooops, I thought I had wired card sockets for all 4 channels, but I only did 3. That's weird. Why did I do that? Who knows. Anyway, should be easy to add the remaining two channels to this one—you just need to splice in a socket and insert Jeff's VP25 or VP26 modules.
yTRl3Lu.jpg

After seeing those pictures, I am positively interested in all the preamps at least... I am not sure I want the 8824, but if your other deal falls through we may be able to work out something.

Skylar said:
berkleystudios said:
interested in 1176 Rev A, mystery box 2, solder paste kit, and 5fish PSU.

Still interested in the 1176 Rev A and solder paste kit? (FiveFish PSU is already gone)

Sorry but I'm going to have to pass. Go ahead and sell it.

Esoterimix said:
Did the 1176 Rev A board already get snagged?

1176 rev A is available. Send me an email w/ your forum name, physical address, and email address along with all the items you want, and I will Paypal invoice.
skylar [at] skylargray [dot] com

For pity's sake, could you lower the price on the Marinairs? Let's make eBay the exception, not the rule.

Cheers!

ravachol said:
For pity's sake, could you lower the price on the Marinairs? Let's make eBay the exception, not the rule.

Cheers!

Well, I'm seeing completed listings on eBay at around $225–300, so I think my $150 price is good considering the going rate.

I hope this is not a misplaced question; Will the Equinox mic bodies continue to be available?

trans4funks1 said:
I hope this is not a misplaced question; Will the Equinox mic bodies continue to be available?

I handed over the Equinox stuff to Eric (EKiner) in ~2011-ish. There were a couple posts about it in the WM thread, but I think that has now been removed.
Anyway, I'm not really involved in that business anymore, so I cannot advise on future availability of the Equinox mic bodies. I can tell you that my exit from DIY will have no impact on that product, though.

You'll have to ask Eric about his plans.
eric [at] equinoxsystems [dot] net

Greebok said:
Skylar said:
Greebok said:
Hey Skylar!
I would buy Marinairs, shockmounts and BA283 w/ Sowters 8751!
Let me know please!  ::)
Cheers.
Serg.

Serg, the shockmounts and BA283 output card are already spoken for.

So Marinairs and Sowters are on sale separately? Anyway let me know if guys won't buy the shockmounts and BA283 promptly) - I could do immediate payment.

Greebok, still interested in the Marinairs?

Skylar said:
Greebok, still interested in the Marinairs?
Skylar, sorry for the delay .. Personal circumstances compel me to refuse purchase. Sorry again (x10).  :-[

Latest posts

Back