So hows the weather at your location?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll trade you some hot air for some cold.

It's 38degC (100F) in Melbourne today, even hotter in Adelaide and Perth.

Too bloody hot for my liking, I'm off to the beach for a while.

Seedysea said:
I'll trade you some hot air for some cold.
You got your wish! 19°C and drizzly this morning when I took the dog for a walk.

Like they say - don't like the weather in Melbourne...wait a few minutes!

It's been hovering around 0 C. all day, supposed to drop to maybe -10 C. tonight. Cloudy and windy with a chance of firecrackers. Had snow on Christmas, though.

Peace,
Paul

The snow is as high as a Corgi's eye-- actually over their heads.

They love 4 inches of snow. Bounding like kangaroos. But more than a foot is annoying.

Downeast Maine has 15 inches 38cm of snow on the ground after the last two days and nights of gentle non-stop snow. I pushed Molly out the back door and she just stuck.... couldn't move at all. And the back stoop is too small for the both of us. So I had to slide the shovel under her, scoop her onto the stairs, repeat all the way down, and shovel us a turnaround spot.

Now temp is right at freezing, the driveway is glare ice, the car hardly moves on the level and is foiled by the least slope. And more barely-frozen snow coming down.

Below zero and snow. Ground is covered with thick ice. I have never seen snow like this in the time that I have lived here (21 years). This global warming has put the fear of god in us.

32F high today.  was 16F last night.  We aren't used to this cold!

They predict the highs will be in the lower 30's all week and possible snow thursday!

> Atlanta GA USA -- 32F high today

Huh. 34F at Bar Harbor Maine. Come on north to get warm.

I'm sitting in my undershorts because I got totally soaked moving some snow around.

Had a tree bent double from the snow-weight. The top was blocking the driveway. Scrawny 4" thing. Just chopped it down. Back in the suburbs, every tree cut was a Major Decision, and might have to get town permit. But here I have thousands of trees. If one offends me, whack.

wow, it's 34F right now! that's pretty cold for us sub tropical wimps. I remember the 2 times it snowed in Florida. at least 2 times in Miami. '76 and sometime in the 80's. seems like maybe a cycle? hoodathunk.

listened to the TV news today....
we have a somewhat mild wintwr so forth....
only 70cm of snow so far, 1,50m last year at this time and 1m75 in 2008!
It is now about -5C.... which is above the -15C we normally have at this time.

Not complaining, not complaining!
Humidity is still in the 80% tough....
Luc

Lots more snow incoming in Berkshire / Oxfordshire, UK tonight and tomorrow.

My work is already preparing us to work from home tomorrow.  Woohoo! :D

I am in the north west of the UK and we have about 200mm of snow. Last time it was this bad must have been 25 years ago. No doubt we'll get a windfall snow tax from Gordon Brown. The office is staying closed tomorrow so I may make some more progress on my dual channel G1176 in between emails.

The office is closing in ten minutes!

The snow really does bring out childlike enthusiasm in me, though these days it's more for the time off work than for the snowballs and snowmen I must admit  ;D

There is a forecast of heavy snow for the south of England tonight! I just hope we are caught in it this time! I turn into a little kid everytime it snows, no matter how great the inconvenience. I just love it! We are already stocked up with lots of food at the studio. We are at the end of a 3 mile lane that gets blocked very easily. Could be a couple of days. I could walk home, but it makes for a very short day leaving in the daylight! Only sad thing is that my 3 year old is at home, and I will be here . . .

good news is that I am making homemade Pizza tonight here at the studio . . . . ! Yey!

KIndest regARDS,

ANdyP

Cold here too,

my daughter just made her first snowman, and the Pete Best, sorry John Lennon airport has closed too...

Keep 'yer filaments lit- it's gonna be a cold night!!

Mark

Just been working real hard, went outside to my car, AND IT"S BEEN SNOWING! 2" at least . . . . . .. Wahay!!!!!1

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Happy, Happy, Joy! Joy!

ANdyP

Latest posts

Back