Soldering Station

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dach

Hi. It's been many years since I've done any tech work but after lurking here for a while I'm ready to start a few small builds. I have a chance to buy this used  https://xtronicusa.com/X-TRONIC-5000-SERIES-MODEL-5040-XTS-Hot-Air-Rework-Station-&-Preheating-Station-p25881615 for about $50.

I'm seeking any comments or recommendations about this or similar products.

I also saw this: https://xtronicusa.com/X-TRONIC-4000-SERIES-MODEL-4010-XTS-Soldering-Station-Kit-p9898192 while browsing the site and was curious if just a station like this would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance!

That actually looks like a mish mash of generic chinese components. the hot air and soldering iron at least.
For $50, it looks like a steal. do it. You have nothing to lose.

Thanks... the extras aren't included, just the base, iron and blower. At least, I'll probably need to buy tips. I've been looking at the Weller site but there are so many products I have no clue where to start. so I've been looking for used equip.

I have one (a soldering station) and according to the dial it goes from 150 to 450C... very precise, it has a ceramic tip (and it came with spares too, I can check the manufacturer if you want)

EDIT : I bought it from a bus that sells electronics (along with some fine solder that has silver in it).. it parks near the marketplace in my hometown like once or twice a year. I also bought a Velleman DVM841 multimeter from the same guy.

EDIT 2 : It's a Velleman VTSS4N.. I've been mainly using it for jewelry but I've done some wiring with it too. So far I've been pleased with it. I can't remember how much I paid for it though, but if I recall correctly it wasn't that expensive. I also bought one of those things that have clamps to hold components in place and a magnifying glass but I disassembled it to my fly tying vice.

Back