Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I firmly believe with the niche producers we have on board here at the forum we should come up with a design that amalgamates the good work of several , A more or less universal tube mic mod kit , with a power supply design , a capsule , choice of transformers ,maybe mic bodies , or just as easily any donor mics the diy'er might have around ,
a wire ended tube sub assembly with anti vibration mountings that also allows the use of 7 or 9 pin socketed tubes if required , above all maximum flexibillity in terms of component choice and even circuit topology ,anode load or cathode follower ,
I am actually thinking about making an open source, universal DIY microphone body where all the project files are made freely available and they can be ordered from me or any machine shop. I'm still bouncing around ideas about how the design will work in my head and I might start a thread to take suggestions soon.

yeah , thats sounds like a plan ,
same time if we already have the means to produce the parts and get them out at a good price , we can all win ,
very much like the principle of making the design itself fundamentally free to air ,

The flip side of this coin is we have Kingkorg saying he wants no money at all , I think small cooperative where we at very least set some money aside to fund future bright ideas .

There are so may reasons I wouldn't like to get paid, some personal as I simply hate being paid for creative work (that's my own weird philosophy, and enough of a reason for me to leave job at KORG).

The other is I don't want to get into conflicts of interest, and remain as unbiased as possible. In any way i'm able to contribute i will do it on voluntary basis, just as if I were paid.

Of course I have no issue with others who get rewarded in that manner.

At the risk of over complicating things ,yes I take your point Korg ,
The people involved in fabrication or supply of other components like tubes take a reasonable cut for their efforts ,

I want to offer you 150 for my capsule Solilo , just as a d'offing of hat to your great efforts ,

Korgi , do you have any contacts for contraband Russian sub mini tubes ?
The Ukraine used offer loads of these on Ebay before but I was always unsure about ordering , now Im kicking myself I didnt while I had the chance .

Wow. People I sent the k47 to and people coming from this post are really demanding I have more of those made as an alternate product. There will be a one-to-one clone of the original k47 later, like this k87, but people seem unexpectedly interested in the test one because the response is so flat. It uses the same backplate as the Dachman series 2 k47, but the construction, tension and capacitance are different and the tolerances are tighter. If people are that interested in it I could bring it back as an alternate product. It would be cheaper than the one-to-one clones too... I just want to avoid confusion with the accurate k47 that will be coming later. Thoughts? Should I offer both and make them look different? They do sound very different. The upcoming clone is an exact clone, the test shrinks the hump in the low treble.

At the risk of over complicating things ,yes I take your point Korg ,
The people involved in fabrication or supply of other components like tubes take a reasonable cut for their efforts ,

I want to offer you 150 for my capsule Solilo , just as a d'offing of hat to your great efforts ,

Korgi , do you have any contacts for contraband Russian sub mini tubes ?
The Ukraine used offer loads of these on Ebay before but I was always unsure about ordering , now Im kicking myself I didnt while I had the chance .
Sadly the last batch of 6s6b-v i ordered from Ukraine got stopped at their customs, and is still held there. This was the last effort from the last supplier i could find with reasonable price. We used lavky.com to complete the transaction. I got a refund from PayPal, but still feel sorry for the guy, as he did ship them. I believe it was something like 50 pcs. I panicked when the m49 reissue appeared and seemed to use those, so i pulled the trigger, but...

I havent made friends with any Ukrainians here yet but Im sure its only a matter of time as we have close on 60,000 in Ireland now .
Maybe they have a reasonable chance of recieving post from home , sametime you wouldnt want anyones family getting in trouble with the authorities there for trying to ship something against the rules .

I used see Russian tubes for sale out of Belarus , Im not sure how shipping from there would be ,
maybe theres a supplier in Poland or one of the other countries neighbouring in the region .
Ive recently made contact with a polish guy here who has an online electronics store in Dublin ,
He has an odd mix of new parts and upgrades for vintage computers like Commodore Amiga ,64 and Vic 20 ,
and loads of other odds and ends , good prices . Im expecting my first delivery from him this after noon , Ill ask asking if he can source tubes and other Soviet era stuff .
Just in case theres anyone interested heres his site ,
https://sordan.ie/

Been away a while but came back and saw this thread. I would certainly get in on some new, high quality capsules. At minimum a pair of k47. Is this something that will end up in the white market soon? Or is this an isolated run, and someone taking names?

Back