Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been away a while but came back and saw this thread. I would certainly get in on some new, high quality capsules. At minimum a pair of k47. Is this something that will end up in the white market soon? Or is this an isolated run, and someone taking names?
project status:
K87 one to one clone: entering production, for sale by the end of November.
K47 one to one clone: in development, production probably Feb 2023
K47 "flat" manufacturing prototype: for sale currently, backordered.

I was originally going to do a limited run of the flat k47, but I blew past the minimum order number in 6 hours, so they're just going to be for sale now. I will make a WM thread when the K87 goes on sale for retail and OEM.

project status:

I was originally going to do a limited run of the flat k47, but I blew past the minimum order number in 6 hours, so they're just going to be for sale now. I will make a WM thread when the K87 goes on sale for retail and OEM.
Thanks for clarifying. Will look forward to at least a pair of each k87 and k47. Will be nice to have an alternative to M7 that has more flexible mounting options.

someone bought the flat k47 to replace a neumann k47 in a u47 because they missed how the M7 sounded and they called it better than the first party capsule. they asked that i not discontinue it when the k47 one to one comes out because it has potential as an M7 EOL replacement option for vintage u47s. absurd. i really was not expecting someone to care.

someone bought the flat k47 to replace a neumann k47 in a u47 because they missed how the M7 sounded and they called it better than the first party capsule. they asked that i not discontinue it when the k47 one to one comes out because it has potential as an M7 EOL replacement option for vintage u47s. absurd. i really was not expecting someone to care.
Soliloqueen, as the man says, "Welcome to your life/there's no turning back..."

I hope you are feeling the love from all of us. This is the most exciting thing that has happened in this sub-forum since I have been hanging out here.

Very cool, it's just that the shipping costs + VAT kind of make buying stuff from US a little bit expensive for us Europeans. Assuming the Maiku K47 shares the same backplate as the flat K47 there cannot be huge difference in sound, but the forthcoming ones (how about CK12?) might be worth extra.

Very cool, it's just that the shipping costs + VAT kind of make buying stuff from US a little bit expensive for us Europeans. Assuming the Maiku K47 shares the same backplate as the flat K47 there cannot be huge difference in sound, but the forthcoming ones (how about CK12?) might be worth extra.
Soliloqueen's capsule is much smoother and better than Maiku. It sounds somewhere inbetween K47 and M7. I haven't measured Maiku but it doesn't sound flat. To my ears it has a boost (slightly hard) in the upper mids.

Not the same backplate at all.

edit:
I ship first class mail internationally and have had few problems, shipping is only $15.

Last edited:
Not the same backplate at all.

edit:
I ship first class mail internationally and have had few problems, shipping is only $15.
I think Josh confirmed in another thread that his Dachman Series 2 capsules (including backplates) come directly from 3U like Maiku's are supposed to come from (?), and yours "flat K47" backplate is the same as the before mentioned, or do you mean the your capsules use the same backplate as DA-K47 (or that Maiku's are not from 3U)? It's a little bit difficult to follow this discussion, and people who don't personally handle all those contractors and manufacturers know little details of this business including the origins of backplates. Not that I wasn't interested in that flatter K47, I just hope it would be easier (cheaper and safer) to obtain one (using a reseller with a stock in Europe for an example).

I think Josh confirmed in another thread that his Dachman Series 2 capsules (including backplates) come directly from 3U like Maiku's are supposed to come from (?), and yours "flat K47" backplate is the same as the before mentioned, or do you mean the your capsules use the same backplate as DA-K47 (or that Maiku's are not from 3U)? It's a little bit difficult to follow this discussion, and people who don't personally handle all those contractors and manufacturers know little details of this business including the origins of backplates. Not that I wasn't interested in that flatter K47, I just hope it would be easier (cheaper and safer) to obtain one (using a reseller with a stock in Europe for an example).
You've got that the other way around, the DA-K47 is from 3u. I am not aware of any EU importer selling capsules that use this backplate. This is really not the point of this thread.

Last edited:
project status:

Hello.Right now I have 7 Flea mics and a very old Neumann M249 and I have this clone type mic that looks like an old Neumann U67.I’m not digging the sound from it.I was going to get a capsule from Ivan at Flea but I wouldn’t mind trying a flat 47 if it’s stellar n the price is right.I’m in no rush for the FleaU47’s,M49’s,C-12’s n FET47 kick arse.We don’t use my 249 much for the Flea M49 is spot on.I live in Ohio USA via Edinburgh so a price is all I need.Thanks for your time.Cheers,Lincoln

Back