Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to bump and not sure if this is the right place to ask but is anyone with established retail experience interested in being a European retailer for these upcoming 1:1 capsules? No real plans right now just thinking because a lot of people have complained privately about shipping and customs from the US and the only current European storefront at scale is Mic and mod
I'm in EU,it can be interesting

we are currently undergoing final mechanical assembly testing on the first production batch of plates. testing different saddles, etc to make sure the modded hole layout (not in kingkorg's sample) works with a wide variety of third party mounts with different angles. we added an extra set of holes to facilitate various styles of chinese mounting in addition to european mounting. hopefully you'll never have to worry about not having the right saddle again!
example configuration (one of many):
qc.jpeg
also, hats!

Mildly annoyed because the machine shop accidentally drilled the mounting holes dead center for the production run instead of off-center so now the capsule is slightly not centered front to back, but the first run of backplates is already done and there are no other problems so we'll fix it in the second run If you guys don't mind...

Last edited:
thanks! this is the first time i've ever had back pain. woke up with a slipped disc after no injury with no history of back pain. very odd
Hi Soliloqueen! Hoping you feel better soon. As a long time back sufferer I realise how debilitating it is. I mentioned before that I'd be interested in a K47 or maybe two in the future but I was so excited that I didn't think that maybe your 1:1 would be better as I'm building a couple of U47s and hoping for closer to the original sound. I've started putting money aside... Take care and thank you for your brilliant work and dedication through back agony.

flat k47 stock cutoff, orders after this point will ship in early december. if you don't mind that kind of delay, orders are still open.

thanks for the unexpected interest guys! though...temper your expectations somewhat. this is, again, not a real product. I spent a few weeks throwing this together vs two years on the k87 and almost 3 on the upcoming k47 1:1. it will lack some measure of refinement. i'll probably open a WM post pretty soon for this and others.

Hi Soliloqueen! Hoping you feel better soon. As a long time back sufferer I realise how debilitating it is. I mentioned before that I'd be interested in a K47 or maybe two in the future but I was so excited that I didn't think that maybe your 1:1 would be better as I'm building a couple of U47s and hoping for closer to the original sound. I've started putting money aside... Take care and thank you for your brilliant work and dedication through back agony.
Soliloqueen's flat K47 is somewhere between K47 and M7 in sound and I think it works better in U47 than standard K47. I'm not so fond of the U47 with K47 sound. It's more balanced with M7.

^ tomas is the nut (affectionate) that stuck it in a real u47 because he didn't like the k47 neumann put in there. post some A/B tests tomas.

it should be noted for the people out there that are curious that the flat k47 is 34mm+, as opposed to 34mm- like the real one, so it press fits into the neumann mount. you should be able to push it in. found that out the hard way when i shipped one of the first ones to tomas for his diabolical experimentation.

Soliloqueen's flat K47 is somewhere between K47 and M7 in sound and I think it works better in U47 than standard K47. I'm not so fond of the U47 with K47 sound. It's more balanced with M7.
Yes, some comparison files would be great!
I know, two takes is far from scientific but I would be very interested how big the difference is between a "real" k47.

^ tomas is the nut (affectionate) that stuck it in a real u47 because he didn't like the k47 neumann put in there. post some A/B tests tomas.

it should be noted for the people out there that are curious that the flat k47 is 34mm+, as opposed to 34mm- like the real one, so it press fits into the neumann mount. you should be able to push it in. found that out the hard way when i shipped one of the first ones to tomas for his diabolical experimentation.
I'll try to find the time to post some AB tests. Right now I'm frustrated trying to build the custom U47 1780ohm resistor with vintage manganin wire. I managed to make one but it's surprisingly hard to put it in the microphone without grounding it to the chassis. The wire is very thin (0.06mm) and fragile so suddenly the signal through it was gone. Let's hope for better luck with the second try.

Yep, got mine! Unfortunately, I don’t have mics planned for them… Next year, I’ll do a Church 47-inspired mic. Have a 3U M7 I was planning to use, so it’ll be nice to compare these to that and choose which to go with.

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday. That was a bit unexpected. I figured it would take longer. Now I have to decide what to put it in. I've got a 1050 that it might work well in. hmmm

Back