Soliloqueen's k87(k67) and k47 capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my capsules yesterday. Thanks! Where would I find nice spacers for between the saddle and U47 top plate?

Got mine yesterday as well and today I had some time to play around with them.
One of the mics is a 49 style that had a dachman da-k47…his more expensive one. The other mic is a u47 ptp that had an original Neumann k47fet cardioid only ( one diaphragm gold sputtered).
My impression…wow, totally unexpected. This “flat” k47 sounds fantastic and more importantly..it has dimensionality and depth veeeery comparable to the Neumann k47, crazy.
My 47 clone actually sounds better with this capsule than the original so it stays in. The highs are really nice and extended like the Neumann ( most k47 clones roll off too much) and although it doesn’t have the big bump in the upper mids it still sounds present and defined there like a proper k47.
Good work soliloqueen, big fan.

My impression…wow, totally unexpected. This “flat” k47 sounds fantastic and more importantly..it has dimensionality and depth veeeery comparable to the Neumann k47, crazy.
My 47 clone actually sounds better with this capsule than the original so it stays in. The highs are really nice and extended like the Neumann ( most k47 clones roll off too much) and although it doesn’t have the big bump in the upper mids it still sounds present and defined there like a proper k47.
Great analysis, I agree with everything. If you use the K47 clones with too much roll off and lack of detail in the top in an M49 circuit you have to remove the 600pF filter cap, otherwise it will sound completely dead. The fantastic detail of AC701 also has a part in the impression that the top is retained when you roll it off. When I use for example 6s6b I find that around 300pF work better.

Great analysis, I agree with everything. If you use the K47 clones with too much roll off and lack of detail in the top in an M49 circuit you have to remove the 600pF filter cap, otherwise it will sound completely dead. The fantastic detail of AC701 also has a part in the impression that the top is retained when you roll it off. When I use for example 6s6b I find that around 300pF work better.
Excactly…but it’s tricky since the 600pf in 49s affect also the mids. In the 49 clone ( with 5718 tube) I used soliloqueens k47 without the 600pf cap. Since the mids are so smooth and there is no 10k rise it works wonderfully without this cap…not bright at all, just extended.

Kicking myself for not ordering a flat K47 earlier cause I'll likely be taking time off work because I have a hernia and my job requires a lot of standing and repetitive actions likely to put strain on the area. I even have a B2 Pro in the closet just begging for a different capsule.

Kicking myself for not ordering a flat K47 earlier cause I'll likely be taking time off work because I have a hernia and my job requires a lot of standing and repetitive actions likely to put strain on the area. I even have a B2 Pro in the closet just begging for a better capsule.
To be fair, My response to your DM for "do you know of any flat k47 capsules?" Many a month ago now was "why yes... In fact... I have one right here (reaches into trenchcoat)" way before I had any kind of reputation on this forum so I don't blame you 😂

I'm not going to lie, if you guys want in on batch three it would be really helpful to get pre-orders now so I wouldn't have to shift my finances around too much. Only five orders this time would take the stress off me completely. I'm going to order a third batch regardless because I want to keep them in stock, especially if there's more interest in them when people from other sites and sources see them next to the k87, but with pre-orders I would be able to order them two or three weeks early

I'm not going to lie, if you guys want in on batch three it would be really helpful to get pre-orders now so I wouldn't have to shift my finances around too much. Only five orders this time would take the stress off me completely. I'm going to order a third batch regardless because I want to keep them in stock, especially if there's more interest in them when people from other sites and sources see them next to the k87, but with pre-orders I would be able to order them two or three weeks early
I am in for a pair

Got mine yesterday as well- really looking forward to trying it out in a few mics I have open at the moment. I am kinda thinking I'd like another as well, but I'll put this one in something first and get back. Exciting new capsule days!

Hey @soliloqueen . I sent you PM recently but I see no reply. I would really like to give a try to your k87(67). So please let me know is it possible to order or preorder.

Latest posts

Back