SSL 4K E mic input

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peterc said:
500 series version?

SSLEMicPreweb.jpg

Pads for Jensen 115ke & 115epc, Cinemag CMMI10pca &  Lundahl 1578 transformers. I used a 5532 balancing output stage, added phase, phantom & pad switches.

Anyone like this idea? :) Comments please....

Peter

Looks great Peter! I am defiantly wanting a few in the 500 series so yes PLEASE!  ;D

Whoops said:
any news on this project?

thanks

I have been tweaking the layout that I had originally posted and as soon as I can I will be making a prototype to test.
Also I have been using digi-keys BOM tool to make kits that you can order directly through them.  Or, you can source your own.  So far there are only 2 items that you will have to purchace from other places.  Once everything is tested I will post to gauge interest for a non-500 series version.  :)

-Casey

I have a prototype board on it's way from futurlec so i hope to have some progress with this soon. 
The version I have Prototyped is the single 5534 with a THAT1646.  I have a layout for the dual 5534 but have one question regarding the schematic.

On the schematic from Wayne's site http://www.ka-electronics.com/images/SSL/ssl_82E01.pdf it shows a 1M resistor(R73) connected to +VE.

Now on this one http://www.n-tosch.com/tec/82E001/82E001_1.gif it does not show it.

So the questions are:

Which one is right? 
Is the 1M actually connected to +VE? 
Am I understanding correctly that +VE is the positive voltage rail?

Also which version is more desirable?

Thanks,

-Casey

peterc said:
Moving all the other stuff manually is a right PITA!
:) I know that  :)
I often start from the beginning instead of moving around :-[
now, where is your Logo for the Alliance ;D ;D ;D
or should I use the bizzar one?

however, the HiZ will be a nice addition, thank you

Peter, very nice!

only one thing I don't like ;)
don't put the jack socket over the gain knob (and the VU LEDs)
the Guitar / Bass / Synth / HiZ cable will always be in front of them ...

Latest posts

Back