SSL - Iceblue * another HPGL Schaefferpanel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi Steffen:

I've been looking around for some toggle switches similar to the ones you have on this particular SSL... could you help and point me in the right direction, perhaps with a manufacturer or type of toggle that is.

Thanks.

[quote author="Greg"]hi Steffen:

I've been looking around for some toggle switches similar to the ones you have on this particular SSL... could you help and point me in the right direction, perhaps with a manufacturer or type of toggle that is.

Thanks.[/quote]

I unfortunately have the partnumber from the shop only. no manufacturer etc...

I order them at www.reichelt.de ....search for "KS4 kippschalter"
there is a pdf with dimension drawing, dunno if this is of any use for
you..

steff

Thanks... the dimensions will be helpful. I'm just looking for something along those lines. I'm sure I'll be able to find something here in the US.

Steffen, your work looks fabulous!

About the Mentor knobs - as posted above you can get them (in Germany) from www.conrad.de, although I only found the big ones. I am still looking for some "Knebel" Type ones, as used on Pultecs for selecting the different frequencies, not the ones for boost / atten.

Mentor have a nice one which is their model nr. 394.611 but the usual suspects as rs, conrad, reichelt, schuricht don't have them (or I can't find them), so could anyone here give me another clue? I really like the ones Steffen has on his grey (how did you get that finish done so nicely? :) Pultec clone, and was hoping someone can give me a hint on this...

http://home.t-online.de/home/micro.wave/forum/steff02.jpg

Thanx, Mart

[quote author="martthie_08"]Steffen, your work looks fabulous!

About the Mentor knobs - as posted above you can get them (in Germany) from www.conrad.de, although I only found the big ones. I am still looking for some "Knebel" Type ones, as used on Pultecs for selecting the different frequencies, not the ones for boost / atten.

Mentor have a nice one which is their model nr. 394.611 but the usual suspects as rs, conrad, reichelt, schuricht don't have them (or I can't find them), so could anyone here give me another clue? I really like the ones Steffen has on his grey (how did you get that finish done so nicely? :) Pultec clone, and was hoping someone can give me a hint on this...

http://home.t-online.de/home/micro.wave/forum/steff02.jpg

Thanx, Mart[/quote]

I used to buy those "knebel" knobs from schuricht but they are not available anymore. I called mentor, but unfortunately they confirmed that this product is discontinoued :-(

steff

That is too bad, those knobs were very nice! I will then probably get some of these: http://www.ampwares.com/pics/knob_large_chicken.jpg
I hope they ship to Germany...

Thanks for the infos, Mart

Hi Mart

You can find a similar knob like in your picture in Farnell's catalog:
order code 766-720
It is also cheap.

chrissugar

hey Chris, thanks for the info, those are really very cheap, but they are also different in size and aesthetics, more like the old fender tweed amp style, but nice, not question about it. Unfortunately I can't order from Farnell for private projects, I don't run a company either :)

Back