Store.studio939.com Does anyone have his contact?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switchcraft prices the inserts higher than the complete assembly, FYI. I’ve seen it several places.

The site says the switchcraft version is higher quality and still fits. For a bit extra you should be able to grab these
https://www.digikey.com/en/products...tm_medium=aggregator&utm_campaign=switchcraft

Image of XLR inserts for Chinese Microphone Bodies
XLR inserts that work in most import microphone bodies. If you need to change from a 3 pin to 7 pin configuration or vise versa, or if you melted or lost one of these inserts during your build, these should get you back up and running. Note, the Switchcraft brand 3 pin XLR insert is higher quality than these units and commonly available from most electronic parts vendors.
3 pin XLR insert 7 pin XLR insert - $3.50

From his website. These look just fine for $3.50 ea. but cannot seem to source them.

They look fine until you put a soldering iron on them and the pins start moving around because the plastic of the insert melts.

I don't know about these specific inserts as I've never used them. I'm just speaking from experience with "inexpensive" XLR connectors and their inserts. I'd rather get something that I know I'll never have a problem with.

I second this, switchcraft inserts are much better quality. These melt, but you can also stick them into their female counterpart while soldering and it should be ok. That will prevent the pin movement somewhat..

Latest posts

Back