That Thomas guy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Budweiser has a case before the court, we can look to see if Kavanaugh recuses himself. :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm not defending any of these people. The whole system is corrupt.

Let's keep arguing, that's what 'they' want. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm not defending any of these people. The whole system is corrupt.
Our founders were students of human nature and worked to craft a system that resists human frailty. The expansion of government spending invites corruption.
Let's keep arguing, that's what 'they' want. 🤷‍♂️
Sadly yes, and they are very good at manipulating the public discourse.

JR

sk Tsk.. A liberal justice wouldn't do that, would they?
I would like to see stronger ethics rules across the board for SCOTUS.
Do you think that's the position of the conservative powerbrokers whose water you're carrying here? The problem I see with your protestations is that, regardless of what your personal opinion may be, the whataboutism you're parroting is being pushed not to hold all Justices to a higher standard, but instead to continue to do nothing about these ethical conflicts.

I would like to see stronger ethics rules across the board for SCOTUS.
Do you think that's the position of the conservative powerbrokers whose water you're carrying here? The problem I see with your protestations is that, regardless of what your personal opinion may be, the whataboutism you're parroting is being pushed not to hold all Justices to a higher standard, but instead to continue to do nothing about these ethical conflicts.
Two wrongs do not make a right. But clearly, we have noted that you often look at one party only. Do not confuse us pointing out the other party, as some sort of gesture that we approve of the behavior of the party you keep pointing at. In other words, it’s not a one-sided issue.

Last edited:
In other words, it’s not a one-sided issue.
You're missing the point. All the fingerpointing from the right is about continuing not to fix the problem. If enough Rs jumped on board with Ds to address these issues, something might get done that would make the whole Court less corruptible. But the voices on the right that are engaging in the whataboutism have no interest in a less corruptible SCOTUS. If you follow them on their merry path, you assure that absolutely nothing will change.

You're missing the point. All the fingerpointing from the right is about continuing not to fix the problem. If enough Rs jumped on board with Ds to address these issues, something might get done that would make the whole Court less corruptible. But the voices on the right that are engaging in the whataboutism have no interest in a less corruptible SCOTUS. If you follow them on their merry path, you assure that absolutely nothing will change.
All solutions have a problem. Is there an actual problem here? I don’t think there is.

It looks like it is getting messier. Leonard Leo of the Federalist Society making explicitly secret payments to Ginny Thomas. All Repulican Supreme Court nominees go through him. A very bad look. The Ginny Thomas non profit that received the payment filed an amicus brief before the court. I can’t imagine a more clear cut case for recusal than that.

Depending on how the gifts were reported Harlan Crow and Clarence Thomas may be in for a giant tax bill.

Last edited:
As I already said, anyone who’s ever been married knows it’s absolutely impossible to keep things separate. Anyone sucking up the separation BS claims from Ginny or Fox News are selectively putting on blinders.

I’m starting to question the political-attack narrative. To me, anyone who is not is also selectively putting on the blinders.

I still believe it’s more of a system problem than anything else. We’ll see if system improvements stems from this. I’m not holding my breath though. I’m patiently waiting for Chief Justice Roberts to surprise me.

Last edited:
The SCOTUS justices should have to sign on to this - codes that all federal judges (except them) have to abide by.

This Code applies to United States circuit judges, district judges, Court of International Trade judges, Court of Federal Claims judges, bankruptcy judges, and magistrate judges. Certain provisions of this Code apply to special masters and commissioners as indicated in the “Compliance” section. The Tax Court, Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, and Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces have adopted this Code.

https://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judgeships/code-conduct-united-states-judges

After careful reading, I don’t care. Unless it can be proven laws were broken, I don’t care. This is because those on the left tend to demonize the right without looking at their own. The same is applied in the right. The bottom line is those in the news were caught. It doesn’t make it right. But it does show how often those on the left or right in positions of authority can get caught doing things they are questionable. But until a law has been broken I have more important things to worry about.
Did you hear biden is creating a legal defense fund. Must be because he is innocent of charges🙄

Did you hear biden is creating a legal defense fund. Must be because he is innocent of charges🙄
To be fair. Hunter preparing for a legal defense is not evidence of wrong doing (innocent until proved guilty). If anything it is evidence of an absence of self awareness. 🤔 I am inclined to question the poor judgement used in his sundry legal issues. It seems like the easiest way to make that child support brouhaha go away is just pay the baby momma. He in fact initiated that legal action trying to get payments reduced. Dragging a handful of high priced DC lawyers into a small courtroom in AR, does not exactly reinforce his claims of poverty. Reminding the voters that President Biden has a bastard granddaughter (confirmed by DNA) is not exactly good politics.

JR

Why is that? Are we still stuck in the 1950’s?
Sadly many voters are influenced by such stuff.

The larger criticism for some people is not the denial of his illegitimate daughter by Hunter, and denial of the illegitimate granddaughter by President Biden and the first lady. It is not just the embarrassing circumstances surrounding where the young girl came from, but the total lack of empathy now and cold shoulder from the very high profile and wealthy blood relatives.

I repeat this is a self-inflicted wound with the present can of worms being opened up by Hunter filing to have his child support payments reduced.

===

I have more serious criticisms about Hunter but he is like a bad penny that keeps showing up.

JR

To be fair. Hunter preparing for a legal defense is not evidence of wrong doing (innocent until proved guilty). If anything it is evidence of an absence of self awareness. 🤔 I am inclined to question the poor judgement used in his sundry legal issues. It seems like the easiest way to make that child support brouhaha go away is just pay the baby momma. He in fact initiated that legal action trying to get payments reduced. Dragging a handful of high priced DC lawyers into a small courtroom in AR, does not exactly reinforce his claims of poverty. Reminding the voters that President Biden has a bastard granddaughter (confirmed by DNA) is not exactly good politics.

JR
I did not say it was. But if Thomas going on vacation with friends is questionable to some and wrong to others, surely hunter asking for a money hand out to cover his defenses would fit under the same categories.

How sad it is that you expect so very little from judges and elected officials. Really pathetic.
What am I supposed to expect beyond following the law and then doing the job they were appointed to? A higher standard? What is that standard exactly? How has to follow it and who gets a pass because of party affiliation?

I did not say it was. But if Thomas going on vacation with friends is questionable to some and wrong to others, surely hunter asking for a money hand out to cover his defenses would fit under the same categories.
If we desire fairness from others it helps to be fair ourselves.

This is all a poo slinging contest and there is so much poo flying back and forth.

JR

But if Thomas going on vacation with friends is questionable to some and wrong to others, surely hunter asking for a money hand out to cover his defenses would fit under the same categories.
Not nearly the same category. Maybe the same category as Trump asking for a money hand out to cover his defenses (Trump seeks to make criminal allegations pay with 2024 fundraising drive), but I wouldn’t put any of that in the same category with people sitting on the Supreme Court; determining what laws are and are not constitutional, directly affecting our personal lives, daily.

Back