That Thomas guy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not say it was. But if Thomas going on vacation with friends is questionable to some and wrong to others, surely hunter asking for a money hand out to cover his defenses would fit under the same categories.
Hunter Biden is not and has never been a public servant. He has no influence on law or public policy. He has always been a private citizen.

As far as I can tell he’s traded on his father’s name for personal benifit. There could be illegal transactions but so far it’s all smoke. It’s not illegal to be a sleazebag. Just ask the Trump kids.

What is that standard exactly?
I think this may already have been linked to by Matador, but here it is again:
Code of Conduct for United States Judges

As has been pointed out repeatedly, it largely does not apply to the highest court in the land (ie, SCOTUS does whatever it freaking wants and screw you), but there are standards that SCOTUS is supposed to adhere to. They can make no more than $32K, I believe, from teaching gigs. They are to declare gifts (which Thomas did not do, and has been caught not doing in the past as well.) There's more, but enforcement is somewhere near impossible. But regardless of enforceability, shouldn't we expect SCOTUS judges to adhere to the code of conduct for their job? And shouldn't we hope, and even expect, them to adhere to the ethical standards that other federal judges adhere to? They should be exemplars, not embarrassments.

Tax laws may have been broken depending on how the gifts were reported. I doubt breaking tax laws is enough to sway opinions. After all multiple civil fraud convictions for the Trump Organization didn’t sway public opinion.

Latest posts

Back