The microphone capsule photo and information thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock fet in the Nova is 2SK30A. The transformer and circuit are the same in both versions. The stock capsule is nice, a deemphasis is not difficult to implement there, there was an old thread about that idea.

The polarization voltage in the stock circuit can increase some volts changing R10 up to 22K without compromising fets bias.

There are a non modded pics of the SMT version in that thread.

Piotr tells in his facebook post about the Nova that changing the center connection of the capsule for a smaller one is worth, but I haven't tried.

Let's keep this thread free from mods, it's really good just for capsule information.

Some pics of the M Audio Nova, early version with Wima cap mod.

View attachment 135570View attachment 135571View attachment 135572View attachment 135573View attachment 135574

Whoa, that would be cool. 😅 Ref C is quite expensive. Does anybody have some capsule photos of the Manley Ref C?

I had both but not at the same time, so I never compared them directly. I think both capsules sound good for the budget I don't like the electronics that much in both mics, good candidates for mods...

Edit: M Audio Nova got the better body and head basket in my opinion.

Manley Reference Cardioid

Screenshot_20240826_182314_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240826_182336_Gallery.jpg

Avantone CV-12 BLA
Three questions about this microphone.

What is the adhesive tape for, what function does it have?

How would you rate the stains on the back side diaphragm? Has there been a flashover of the polarisation voltage? Looks wild...

What kind of capsule is it? Manufacturer?

Latest posts

Back