the potato filter?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Was reading about this in the a.m. coffee ritual.
Apparently,  A certain audio engineer who  has recorded  a ton of bands is swearing it sounds so good.  So I did some digging and although I have yet to try it, the concept is sound.  A potato and it's juices can  pass electricity. As a kid some science  experiments included the potato battery using one to power leds and dimly lit bulbs, so  why not right? I have yet to hear this so I don't know how it sounds or what but I am curious. More over when your done can cook the potato and have something to eat.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.8 KB
Pure bunk ! how do you balance them , it would take a complex calculation of weight & moisture content
and then the debate about which countries produce the best sounding potato, then Skin on or skin off ?

Power soak?
A potato soak. I like it.
I wonder how long you'd have to play before they're cooked?

> potato battery using one to power leds

You need two different metals for that.

What metals give the best tone in a tatter-soak?

Maine potatoes will sound better than that bland Idaho stuff.

So appetizing. Count me in for a pair -- plus fried egg DOAs, pickled iron, & Wiener caps ;)

okgb said:
Pure bunk ! how do you balance them , it would take a complex calculation of weight & moisture content
and then the debate about which countries produce the best sounding potato, then Skin on or skin off ?

Perhaps rather than calculations, you'd just buy a sack and pain stakingly test for a matched pair? ;)

Right and the resistance would change as they cooked , Hmm
maybe you put the potato in a bucket of water so they stay moist ,
just take the preamp out anyway !

There is this long thread:

Fancy Interconnects? How about a potato, or even mud?
OK, we've all heard or read the sales pitch for interconnects of fancy materials and geometries, I've got them all beat.

Did you know that you can pass a line level audio signal thru a banana? How about a sweet potato or even a bucket of mud? You can, quite easily. No joke, it really works. You can even stick two wires in the dirt in the back garden and pass an audio signal thru the dirt.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/236248-fancy-interconnects-how-about-potato-even-mud.html

Latest posts

Back