The Ultimate Analogue Desk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ssltech. Yes I have the complete console parting with a module would be hard though

However I would not be apposed. To building modules for those interested.

I will post pics of progress later tonight

12afael said:
wow Keith! so that was the studio were you've recorded Carcass, they played here last weekend.
That was at the old location, before I recorded the 'heartwork' album... however, I did indeed record a tune for their first EP in that room at the old location.

The tune was 'Exhume to Consume' and it was on the 'sampler' EP for their record label, the name of which escapes me right now...

Let me thing who was recorded on that board... OMD, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Teardrop Explodes, tons of stuff. -The Smiths recorded 'Meat is Murder' in that room on that M3000 also... (I was assistant engineer for that project) -Loads of very fond memories.

wow

you were involved in the recording of meat is murder?
I have heard that record SO many times throughout my life.

was it a long session? id love to hear any details of your work, the setup, the way the band worked, etc

I read the history of that studio and that board a few weeks ago and when I read that the Smiths recorded there, I was eager to learn more.
Unless I dont know about it, there is very little info on the technical details of the smiths recording process.

btw...i tried PM ing you this but your PM box is full :(

Wow, It has been while since I have been over here. So for those who have not been following my thread on another forum.

The simple update:

The console has been confirmed as the one from Amazon studios, which makes it the Prototype/first one built.

The console frame has been completely rewired (everything from signal, control and power to patch bay)

Currently finalizing details on frame and starting to go through the channels and master section.

Only modification has been updating the VU meter lighting from the old filament to LED's, Blue in this case.

8)

Attachments

• 10325731_849792421714746_8829357124310663314_n-2.jpg
    10325731_849792421714746_8829357124310663314_n-2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back