The Vaccine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may just prove you haven't been contaminated.
That was my case for a year and a half. I've been tested negative.
Had you been contaminated, you don't know what are your chances of being mildly, severely, dead sick?
Poor assumption and fail of evidence gathering when you could have asked me and I would have said yes I contracted it and survived ~10days of fever and fatigue...
Did you want to have said this still? 😁🤗

"Had you been contaminated, you don't know what are your chances of being mildly, severely, dead sick?"
you'll recall having poured over the stats 😉 that we have ample data to demonstrate what risks are present to what cohorts.

I know you don't want to hear this "Which proves what?" ....they didn't need a vaccine 🤷‍♀️
Yes, I agree. And that's all it proves. Does it mean that nobody needs a vaccine? What about those who died?
I have a feeling you don't know what a syllogism is...
"Which are?" all the countries that do NOT have any of our western vaccines, didn't you look at the info or no?
Do these countries have credible statistics?

Poor assumption and fail of evidence gathering when you could have asked me and I would have said yes I contracted it and survived ~10days of fever and fatigue...
It just proves you're one of the lucky ones. Don't assume everybody has a winning ticket.
Although all humans are supposed to be equal, some are more than others, particularly in terms of health.

"why are counties near me in no masks doing as well (cases) as those in masks?"

I guess I'll just add my bullshit to yours. My county currently has near the highest or highest covid case rate, hospitalization rate, and death rate in CA, the lowest vaccination rate, and almost no masks in indoor public places. There have been as many covid deaths here in the last two months an in the entire prior 18 months of the pandemic. Public health won't divulge the vaccination status of the deaths, but the cases and hospitalizations have been 80% or more of unvaccinated.

Lucky for me I am an antisocial retired curmudgeon and only have limited dealings with these morons. Since this is not a political thread, I'll bite my tongue and won't comment on the politics of the situation, which is pretty clear to me.

It just proves you're one of the lucky ones. Don't assume everybody has a winning ticket.
Although all humans are supposed to be equal, some are more than others, particularly in terms of health.
Let's break down lottery and luck. Most people lose the lottery, they are NOT lucky. The one/few that WIN are LUCKY.
Most people did NOT die that contracted SARS-CoV-2, see the analogous breakdown?
It's not a lottery, it's a well defined (proteins folded) highly contagious virus that is not deadly for MOST who are infected.

Do these countries have credible statistics? ..quick, someone ask Xi! 😂

What about those who died? ...we cannot know if a vaccine would have prevented them from dying but it's possible.

Suggesting that a vaccine is needed to prevent death for everyone while any survival event sansVax being classifeid as "lucky" is disingenous and not respecting the stats/data.

Last edited:
"why are counties near me in no masks doing as well (cases) as those in masks?"

I guess I'll just add my bullshit to yours. My county currently has near the highest or highest covid case rate, hospitalization rate, and death rate in CA, the lowest vaccination rate, and almost no masks in indoor public places. There have been as many covid deaths here in the last two months an in the entire prior 18 months of the pandemic. Public health won't divulge the vaccination status of the deaths, but the cases and hospitalizations have been 80% or more of unvaccinated.

Lucky for me I am an antisocial retired curmudgeon and only have limited dealings with these morons. Since this is not a political thread, I'll bite my tongue and won't comment on the politics of the situation, which is pretty clear to me.
lelz.. what's the vax rate? surely it's greater than 0%
reconcile how while vaxRate == higher than 2020 the deathRate in a 2month duration is greater than the entirety of the "emergency" prior to vax? (your offering)
something seems odd and it's not me surviving not vaccinated 🤔

"Public health won't divulge the vaccination status of the deaths" nobody finds this odd? CDC was quick with their 9 state study when it ...(insert thing someone said I did when using what data supported my opinion)

"reconcile how while vaxRate == higher than 2020 the deathRate in a 2month duration is greater than the entirety of the "emergency" prior to vax?"

Delta.

"reconcile how while vaxRate == higher than 2020 the deathRate in a 2month duration is greater than the entirety of the "emergency" prior to vax?"

Delta.
oh the more contagious and statistically less lethal variant? that one?
weird how zeroing in on 1 aspect of 1 protein somehow pressured the thing to escape bla bla I'll let you figure it out

"oh the more contagious and statistically less lethal variant? that one?"

More people get it, more people spread it, more people get sicker, more people die.

"oh the more contagious and statistically less lethal variant? that one?"

More people get it, more people spread it, more people get sicker, more people die.
CNN would be proud 😁😊

assuming I don't get banned from yet another platform for suffering from not having lemming brain I'll be back in a few months to see what booster # you guys are on (i don't oppose anyone wanting a vaccine, it's your life, just leave the rest alone)

Easy game to play guys
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(in response to comment below)

i don't watch the news (scoreboard) I watch the game (life)

have fun getting pencil whipped 🤠 (just don't go full on neighbor roundup on boxcar day if they don't take the shot)

Last edited:
What science is behind the driver of more shots? Insanity John c'mon now.
My dad is fully vax'd, wears 2 fkn masks (like a moron) and still got infected (FULLY VACCINATED).... he's nearly 70, survived, needing zero hospitalization or medical intervention.

You're all LARPing like good lemmings for those that want to control (same ones who broke Bretton Woods in '71 vying for control of the economy or are y'all not paying attention to that too?)

Friend of the family died last week of cardiac complications (clotting?) (I'll update when I find out more) funeral is tomorrow.

NARRATOR: "this was the science behind the shots: Analysts are expecting the two companies (Pfizer today, Moderna tomorrow) to disclose a collective $18B in vaccine sales...."

..we were told the shots were free? 🤔
try to be less insulting... The scrum about natural immunity is used to support vaccine mandates. (sorry I am breaking my own suggestions about not discussing politics here.)
=====

I'm surprised my friends here haven't already shared this report to tweak me****. pubmed report about covid and obesity
Obesity is a risk factor for life in general.

On topic, there is discussion about vaccination for children which superficially does not seem needed from a risk/benefit analysis. Perhaps young children with "adult onset :unsure: diabetes" could benefit based on their personal physician's advice.

JR

**** yes MS is known for obesity. Last week while I was waiting 15 minutes after my jab in Wally World I couldn't help but notice how overweight the vast majority of shoppers are. Years ago I half in jest suggested we need to figure out how to extract adipose and use it for energy generation. I guess a car powered by body fat would still generate CO2, but would improve public health more than it hurt the planet.

I'll reflect the extent of polite discourse relative to the perceived hostility that presents itself, it's fairly apparent.
Go watch a Grateful Dead show from anytime... there's like zero fat people in the crowd.
Dunkin Donuts, Krispie Kreme etc are sugar factories.
Starbucks is in the business of milkshakes, not coffee.
Fat and lazy and dependent on the state, what better constituents to present fake money with (they'll never ask about why they broke the gold standard)
inb4 social credit systems are upon us when they sense a majority are willing to be controlled.... duly noted on less insulting (please everyone take note k thanks)

I'll reflect the extent of polite discourse relative to the perceived hostility that presents itself, it's fairly apparent.
Go watch a Grateful Dead show from anytime... there's like zero fat people in the crowd.
not in this lifetime but the last time I went to a live concert (not the dead) decades ago we all were thinner. The dead heads were an interesting group.

Jerry Garcia per his wiki "Later in life, Garcia struggled with diabetes and in 1986, went into a diabetic coma that nearly cost him his life. Although his overall health improved somewhat after that, he continued to struggle with obesity, smoking, and longstanding heroin and cocaine addictions.[9][13] He died of a heart attack while in drug rehab at the golden age of 53YO. "

Not exactly a poster boy for personal health. Most of the very old rock geezers of his generation that are still alive are slender.

JR
Dunkin Donuts, Krispie Kreme etc are sugar factories.
Starbucks is in the business of milkshakes, not coffee.
Fat and lazy and dependent on the state, what better constituents to present fake money with (they'll never ask about why they broke the gold standard)
inb4 social credit systems are upon us when they sense a majority are willing to be controlled.... duly noted on less insulting (please everyone take note k thanks)

I know I shouldn't have broken my vow never to go back to the Brewery, but I hadn't noticed, I just answered cause it was a case of "someone replied to a thread you are watching". Actually I had "unwatched" the whole section; I don't know why I received this notification...
I see that the level of incoherence and misguided use of brain cells has even increased, if it was possible.

at least you're paying attention:
Trying... It's confusing with no knowledge of what the statistical models are doing... I mean, at first glance it could appear there's an elephant in the study but, the study goes deeper than would first appear ..

"Molecular testing for SARS-CoV-2 was performed for 94,264 (67.5%) patients with COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations. Among these patients, 7,348 (7.8%) had at least one other SARS-CoV-2 test result ≥14 days before hospitalization and met criteria for either of the two exposure categories: 1,020 hospitalizations were among previously infected and unvaccinated persons, and 6,328 were among fully vaccinated and previously uninfected patients"

Still wish there wasn't the fast talking disclaimer at the end of car ads thing or the thing the announcer says at the end of drug commercials as it relates to the "this study is subject to the following limitations" ... confusing..

Sorry about your family friend.... My friend/neighbor is battling complete renal failure now and I'm hoping he can pull through.

I see that the level of incoherence and misguided use of brain cells has even increased, if it was possible.
People are notoriously bad at evaluating their own personal risk, accounting for the personal risks of those around them. To many, they are either at risk or aren't, and reducing risk down to simple binaries like "I never got COVID" or "Everyone will get COVID regardless of vaccinations so why bother" masks the more nuanced situation underneath.

But we already went in endless circles in the previous locked thread so no need to rehash again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back