The Vaccine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the mandate. Last year they’re hero’s and this year they are fired scum because of the mandate. It’s sad thinking about the the frontliners. Also Antibodies from COVID survival vs vaccine losing efficacy in one year but not being recognized as having some immunity due to antibodies.

I live in a farming community that meets an expanding metro sprawl. I love it here but experience people that don’t want to be told what to do. The mandate created defiance noncompliance and, that way to go Brandon song out here. My brother liked the area so much that he bought a home north of me from a couple that lived here for 40 years. They moved to Texas to be close to there sons family 2 months ago. Cyril who was 78 this year never got vaccinated. He gets around the grand kids and sons family. They all catch COVID. Cyril is dead with respiratory failure in a week. All the kids and family are fine and get over COVID in a week and a half.
It’s sad. Is the world a better place with the mandate? Would Cyril be alive with the vaccine. Is it just your time when it’s your time. I got the vaccine, But I don’t want to see police nurses or American workers loose jobs because they decide not to. It’s the fourth turning for the world( a book I’m reading) . I think this time period will be compared to Mcarthyism of the fifties in the future.

Last edited:
It’s the mandate. Last year they’re hero’s and this year they are fired scum because of the mandate.

(I appreciate hearing your viewpoint, but thought I'd share mine as well. )

They're being fired(well, mostly being put on leave w/o pay) because they're not doing what their employer has requested of them. I personally find the arrogance of some of these first responders absolutely stunning. They think that they are above the law (we knew cops thought this already, but this drives it home) and shouldn't be subject to the same standards as everyone else. I guess they forgot about the "protect" part of "protect and serve," eh? The last thing I want is a f()cking cop giving me covid while he hassles me about my burnt out tag light.

Thankfully, most first responders aren't actually that arrogant, stupid, and/or crazy. As for the ones that are--maybe it's "just their time" to find a career where they can't abuse or kill people with near impunity.

The last thing I want is a f()cking cop giving me covid while he hassles me about my burnt out tag light

Sorry for your experience with police. I know it happens for some. I haven’t had those experiences with police to leave that kind of impression with me. I had a friend in high school that at the time was a real badass. He became a denver policeman. I remember at the time thinking it was going to be one extreme policeman, or the other, career criminal. Police won out and I would of hated to be on the wrong end of his police baton.
Jan Psaki was vaccinated and caught COVID. Is she not contagious to people she interacts with? I’m vaccinated and will take my chances with the people I encounter. She is isolating at-least.

onemore thing “go Braves” congrats

Last edited:
My dad is fully vax'd, wears 2 fkn masks (like a moron) and still got infected (FULLY VACCINATED).... he's nearly 70, survived, needing zero hospitalization or medical intervention.
Thank you for providing a real life example of how the vaccine is saving lives and keeping people out of the hospital. More of that, please. Mucho respect for your Pops.👍

Sorry for your experience with police. I know it happens for some.

onemore thing “go Braves” congrats
I've encountered decent cops as well as some pretty bad ones. I do think most of them want the vax, and a bunch more will get it if they're told to, but then there's that sliver with the bad attitude who make all cops look worse by association.

The Braves' run this year was pretty exciting---they played a great game last night. It's nice to see them actually win the World Series--I'm still not over their numerous near-misses in the '90s!

====
To veer back to Covid... The Shanghai Disneyland park was locked down with some 30,000 visitors inside when one case of Covid was discovered. They weren't allowed to leave until they were all tested with nasal swabs (the last visitor was released at 10:30PM). That's how they roll in authoritarian China. :rolleyes:

JR

Last edited:
Still running strong without the modified DNA. I'm in my basement playing mad scientist, I don't fraternize with people, lol

Not change the subject back to covid but.....

Britain on Thursday approved the antiviral drug molnupiravir to treat the coronavirus, making it the first antiviral pill to be endorsed by a public health body for use in Covid patients

JR

More good news from big pharma... new pfizer covid medicine

Pfizer said on Friday that its experimental, easy-to-use antiviral pill for COVID-19 cut rates of hospitalisation and death by nearly 90 per cent in high-risk adults.

Currently all COVID-19 treatments require an IV or injection, except for in the United Kingdom where Merck’s COVID-19 pill was approved for use on Thursday. The UK became the first country in the world to give it authorisation.

Pfizer said it will ask the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States and international regulators to authorise its pill as soon as possible, after independent experts recommended halting the company’s study based on the strength of its results.

JR

More good news from big pharma... new pfizer covid medicine
Cool...Is that the 3-chymotrypsin like protease (3CLpro) inhibitor they were talking about several months ago?

https://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/...could_be_ready_by_the_end_of_the_year_1368720
I think Ivermectin is a 3-chymotrypsin like protease (3CLpro) inhibitor as well..

Identification of 3-chymotrypsin like protease (3CLPro) inhibitors as potential anti-SARS-CoV-2 agents

Maybe fine tuned something for CV19 somewhere?

Yes it is a Protease inhibitor so relatively old medicine technology that has been effective against sars outbreak in Asia almost 2 decades ago.

JR

https://www.thejournal.ie/factcheck-vaccinated-transmit-covid-same-as-unvaccinated-5591851-Nov2021/
My reading of it is theres a marginally smaller chance vaccinated people could spread the virus under similar circumstances , but theres still a lot of what ifs .Note how head of Irelands National virus reference laboratory , Cillian De Gascun gives himself plenty of wiggle room "So even though they have an equivalent peak viral load, they’re probably responsible for fewer retransmissions, because they’re probably infectious for a shorter period of time.” Theres also the false confidence factor due to overoptimistic (so called scientific) claims of what the vaccine does , making the vaccinated much more likely to engage in risky behaviour . Theres ongoing demonisation of the non vaxxed being responsible for the majority of cases in a population with the highest rate of vaccination of almost anywhere on the planet , yet rates of infection are on a par with this time last year . Theres a lot of stuff doesnt add up , the medical bigwigs are moving the goalposts in a face saving manuvre so their career and investment portfolio doesnt end up down the plughole .

It's well established that vaccinated people are less likely to contract covid 19, and it therefore follows that even if the positive vaccinated cases were as likely to transmit it as the unvaccinated, fewer cases would originate from the vaccinated. It is probably true that the vaccinated, feeling protected, may be less likely to follow other mitigation measures, and therefore have increased exposure to the disease. The current variant is much more transmissible than the previous ones, also contributing to the recent surges even in highly vaccinated populations.

However, it is just simple arithmetic that the fewer people that get the disease (the vaccinated), the fewer people will transmit it, whether or not they are as contagious as the unvaccinated.

Lots of factors at work Doc , if the vax reduces symptoms ,people are less likely to report or get tested , thats going to scew the 'facts' of the matter , either way human behaviour is the biggest factor in the spread of this , the vax has a marginal effect .

It is a fault of human cognition to draw sweeping conclusions from anecdotal data BUT.... Literally just this last week a recording engineer friend of mine contracted covid from a brain surgeon song writer during a recording session in his studio.

Both were vaccinated, so sh__ happens.

I expect this sucker will be with us for the foreseeable duration and we need to lower expectations about completely cancelling it. I am encouraged about new medications to better manage this.

Vaccine mandates are a hot button political topic but moot for me, I have no employees and got all my jabs.

FWIW I am seeing less mask wearing around the burgh, including a trip to the big city (Meridian) last week... The dental hygienist cleaning my teeth was wearing a blue surgical mask on top of her N95 mask. She also happens to be several months pregnant.

JR

However, it is just simple arithmetic that the fewer people that get the disease (the vaccinated), the fewer people will transmit it, whether or not they are as contagious as the unvaccinated.
There is some research coming out that despite vaccinated breakthrough cases being capable of shedding virus, viral load appear to be less, and also testing of virus samples in vaccinated breakthrough cases show them to be less infectious as well.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.20.21262158v1.fullhttps://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.31.21261387v5

Vaccination rate in Japan is pretty good 72% double, 77 at least one shot). 3rd starting in December. Meanwhile, ethanol dispensers and mask wearing is still the common sight anywhere here. Right now Tokyo has around 30 daily 'reported' infections per 12M+ of population.

What does this prove ? Nothing really. Except that hospital staff finally gets a break. AFT, it's no reason to feel too relaxed here.

First, half of new cases falls into 'infection route unknown' Second, Japanese AI supercomputer has predicted cases to go up again starting early December with peak in mid-January (due to weather and national holidays). So far that AI has been quite spot on in its predictions -- although it doesn't really need AI to sense more than a correlation between human behaviour and R value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back