The Vaccine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Booster or no booster? I’ve had the. 2 jabs (7 months ago) but haven’t received the booster for moderne.

They’ve had a big dip In Stock price due to expected lower levels of vaccination I guess. But that’s Wall Street issues.

I was very knocked out from the second jab. Has anyone had the moderna booster and if so how did you do.

I’m with Kaiser. They are expected to go on strike this month. Not sure what affect that will have on receiving flu shots.

Booster or no booster? I’ve had the. 2 jabs (7 months ago) but haven’t received the booster for moderne.

They’ve had a big dip In Stock price due to expected lower levels of vaccination I guess. But that’s Wall Street issues.

I was very knocked out from the second jab. Has anyone had the moderna booster and if so how did you do.

I’m with Kaiser. They are expected to go on strike this month. Not sure what affect that will have on receiving flu shots.
I had my Moderna booster a week ago. I got the "Covid rash" at the injection site (look it up), a completely benign finding, as I did with the first but not the second jab. The second shot I felt fatigued the next day, but not with the booster. The booster is only half the dose of the primary shots, so I'd expect fewer side effects. Just my $0.02 worth.

I had my 3rd Moderna booster jab exactly two weeks ago... I experienced a little soreness around the injection site and slightly elevated body temp (about 2 degrees rise day one), but no malaise. I milked it as an excuse to skip on chores for a day or so but about the only affect I noticed was that I hit my bed about an hour early to sleep on the second night. The fever had already subsided by day two.

I just checked and noticed a persistent scab/abscess at the injection site, I literally had been ignoring it (besides picking at the scab). I recall that the cheap Walmart bandaid fell off while was sleeping and was sticking somewhere else on my body the next morning. It took me a second to figure out what it was and why it was sticking there. ;)

I just put a dab of antibiotic ointment and a real bandaid on the site just to be cautious. This is nothing like the full blown case of "Moderna Arm" I got from my second jab, but even that was more interesting than uncomfortable.

====

I read a speculation that the heart inflammation associated with some vaccine patients might be caused by accidentally injecting the vaccine into a vein where it gets pumped straight to the heart. That seems pretty low probability from where they jab it but I am not the medical expert here.

JR

Infection by Cov-19 can cause myocarditis too. And so can any other vaccine, I read. Nothing special, it seems? Also, therefore, no heavy excercising advised after any vaccine shot.

Beware media scaremongering... as the weather turns colder it is natural for respiratory infections to become more active (think the flu). Focus on the good news.

JR

Scheduled for the booster tomorrow. My wife got hers today. She has a sore arm but doing fine otherwise.

I lost patience for pessimism a long time ago.

Luckily, we don't get that much of scary news in Japan Well, we do get some (usually when the shit it's the fan) but it's not rumbunctious as in other parts of the world, all rather subtle -- as is the national character here.

Japan started vaccination late (cautious) and media distribute a lot of fact-based news, so then vaccination proceeded quite fast -- also cos they closely observe what has happened and still happens in other parts of the world...

Booster will be offered to me first quarter next year. Also doing one high-contact job, so sure, bring it on... And one thing I already know for sure : once mask wearing is no longer asked for here, I'll sure miss it. Keeps my face nicely warm and toasty (in cold and windy weather) and finally gave me a pretext to more often skip than labour through the rather annoying and time-wasting ritual of daily shaving ; )

Pfizer is seeking EUA (emergency use authorization) for their new anti-viral (PAXLOVID). This will be a different playing field next winter, assuming these medications are widely available then.

JR

I got my third jab yesterday. First two were Astra Z but the latest one was Pfizer because apparently the overall effect is better if you mix them. I was also told by a nurse that because I an vulnerable I will get a 4th jab later on.

Cheers

Ian

Looks like a 4th Covid wave is crossing Europe. Austria has just announced a lock down, probably worsened by 30% of its population has not being vaccinated. Today's news says it is sweeping though Germany too.

Cheers

Ian

I don't want to corrupt this discussion with politics but there seems to be little credit given for natural immunity and risk profiles. Vaccine seems to be the only hammer in their toolbox, so every problem looks like a nail to be fixed by vaccination.

I wonder why so many health care workers have resisted vaccination (25-30% depending upon which study you believe). One explanation that I read was that they were ignorant, uninformed, or republicans (not sure where that stereotype comes from other than some biased media).

I suspect many of these health workers have acquired natural immunity in the course of doing their job and being exposed to covid positive patients. I can imagine a personal calculation regarding risk/benefit, if you think you already have immunity.

Sorry I will apologize in advance.

JR

they were ... republicans (not sure where that stereotype comes from other than some biased media).

JR
John, I can't watch Fox News and OAN for you. If you're wondering where that "stereotype" came from, maybe you should do a little research.

John, I can't watch Fox News and OAN for you. If you're wondering where that "stereotype" came from, maybe you should do a little research.
I literally read it in a NPR article... what I meant is that I do not see any truth in that stereo type.

I have too many old facebook friends(?) from my time in the live music industry and some of them are screaming liberal/progressives, so I hear much too much of what they think. I have not unfriended any old friends but I do pause some for 30 days at a time for my peace of mind. We occasionally find some common ground but the news cycle routinely drives divisive issues (media profits from contention).

===

looks like I triggered you again... sorry, I should know better.

JR

I agree that it would be useful if "natural immunity" were factored in - maybe in addition to vaccination per cent, another status called "immunity" should be added, totaling the vaccinated and the number of cases. This would be difficult if not impossible though, subtracting those who were vaccinated and had a breakthrough case, and those who had the disease and then were vaccinated. And now of course there will be another category added - "boosted." And then, are people who had the disease and then got vaccinated, or who had a breakthrough case, "boosted"?

But not really important to me any more. I just do the best I can to keep me and mine as safe as possible, while living a reasonable life, and let the chips fall where they may. If others want to fuck themselves or their community, so be it.

Hard for me to understand how 206% of the "other" population, particularly 441% of the "other" Hispanic population, is vaccinated, bolstering the total percent of those vaccinated.
Seems like maybe there are more people here getting vaccinated than is thought to have resided here. Maybe they are undocumented in the census ?

looks like I triggered you again... sorry, I should know better.

JR
Thank you for telling me how I'm feeling--isn't that one of your pet peeves, the whole mind-reading thing?

I'm proud of you, John, for reading and NPR article--but then apparently dismissing everything it said because it was from NPR. But I think you missed my point. I was saying that if you want to know where Republicans get fed their misinformation about COVID, then maybe you should try watching Fox and OAN. Tucker Carlson is a notorious spreader of misinformation and CT regarding the pandemic. Those anti-vaxx voices aren't generally given a megaphone by the centrist corporate media, or by the liberal media; so maybe, because Republicans are far more likely to be exposed to anti-vaxx sentiment and pandemic CT, and it's more likely to come from (for them) a trusted source, then they're more prone to be vaccine hesitant or outright anti-vaxx.

John, if you want to challenge stereotypes about Republicans, maybe you should do a little research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back