U47-style bodies - who can make one?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bradb you seem to know the specs needed to duplicate the u47 head basket. if there is a group buy ,fine but i was hoping you(having access to a "real" u47) could take the measurements and present them to the forum. diameter, height at bottom of dome.  height at top of dome. height of center of capsule above the head basket. as well as the mesh measurements which will probably be difficult without removing. i'd like to try to recreate the head basket.

I'd be interested as well, I'm not anal about them looking exactly like the original.

I'd also be interested in those big ribbon mic housings (the tapered ones). They're very nice for building M49 style mics, or if you want a more transparent grille than the U47 style grille. Take a look here: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=30406.0

If the China bodies and headbaskets can be aquired for $10 plus head basket in a long body
mic style, then I can see a large demand for a group buy happening. It would be nice to get the mic
bodies with no markings/engravings  of any kind on them as well ( just generic bodies ).

maybe there could be more than one style to choose from ?

Its all up to Mr Pataki to set this up ?

Chance, You could pass it to another member to manage ?

I'm sure the last GB has you pretty worn down. I speak from experience.

The U47 is so legendary that an identical U47 body would be a major asset for the manufacturer too... I'd even bet that someone in China is already making an exact copy...

we do the dimensioning research for them and they get a great product to pitch to others...

Too bad the bodies can't be made cheaply here in the USA. What a situation.

CHANCE said:
maxwall said:
Chance, You could pass it to another member to manage ?

I'm sure the last GB has you pretty worn down. I speak from experience.

BRILLIANT!!
Any takers??

what does managing all this entail?

and....

are we going to be able to specify dimension, etc. of these bodies for manufacture?

Latest posts

Back