U87 ALIEXPRESS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikeit

Hello everyone
I recently purchased this microphone from AliExpress style B34
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...st_main.5.6d735e5bN2cE6h&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

It has a low pressure but the sound is not that catastrophic...
Especially for 45€...
Here are photos of the interior and the capsule.
IMG_4670.JPEG
IMG_4671.JPEG
IMG_4672.JPEG
IMG_4673.JPEG
IMG_4674.JPEG

Do you think we can improve it for little money?
Capacitors, etc etc

I also have a very loud resonant noise, I was told to perhaps do an assembly "in the air" of the 1G resistors

But I don't really know what that means ;-)

Thanks to you

Assembly is air means that the sensitive nodes are soldered/joined off the pcb floating in the air.

Do we tell him about "dead bug" and "point-to-point" and "free form" soldering now, or later in the course? I believe "Manhattan" style is not taught until Soldering 102. :)

James

Do we tell him about "dead bug" and "point-to-point" and "free form" soldering now, or later in the course? I believe "Manhattan" style is not taught until Soldering 102. :)

James

I also learned something new, that l you. I think I'm ready for the Soldering 102. I think my next build will be wild! 😀

To the op: I bought a similar mic, though it had an electret capsule inside. That's funny, because the circuit is meant for externally polarized capsules. It even has a DC-DC converter board (the one with fewer components).

The loud resonant noise could come from the stiff looking capsule wires or the rigid capsule holder. Building the high z part in the air would probably make the mic even more microphonic and "resonant" if not executed with caution. Or is it "whining"? Maybe it's oscillating 🤷

You're not going to make it any better swapping capacitors. It's ok circuit imo (in a broad sense of ok). Just leave it as it is and maybe try different capsules. Or build a completely different circuit for fun or for an educational project. Maybe re-use the DC-DC board if you choose that route.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back