Universal switcher-any interest?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bump to ask if there is more interest.
I can use a device like this for generic input output switching and insert switching.
Building my own BBone CrWood for a little less money :)

Selector and inserts relays boards will be offered soon, BTW :)
Microcontrollers are available, adding now to WM thread.
Ordered proto PCB's.
I will add them to my WM thread soon, right after it tested.

Hi Igor,

I am very interested in those switchboards.
Just a little question:Will they "remember" their last status when powered on again?

Thank you very much,

best,

Udo.

Just a little question:Will they "remember" their last status when powered on again?
No, but they remember the status set by pressing INIT_STORE and has 16 user-define-able presets,
which can be stored/recalled with memory board.
It works this way. Each chip has 16 memo's, and TX/RX interface; memo board sending the command like
"Store this in preset 3 mamory" or "Recall preset 8". This way, some tens of boards can store/recall their settings...

Hi Igor,

can you tell me roughly the allowed max. current for relais and also for the L.E.D.s please as I haven´t decided which switches to buy (some of them have L.E.D.s on-board but  needing very different currents).

Thank you in advance,

best regards,

Udo.

LED resistors are 1k on 5V supply. Can be changed to higher or lower value.
Relays are 12V; more coil resistance = bit more expensive but less current
12V 600...2000 Ohm coil DCR is always fine

Igor said:
LED resistors are 1k on 5V supply. Can be changed to higher or lower value.
Relays are 12V; more coil resistance = bit more expensive but less current
12V 600...2000 Ohm coil DCR is always fine

Thank you Igor,

have about a hundret Omron relais (subminiature DPDT) here with a coil resistance of 1315 ohms at 12v,so will be a perfect match even when paralleling 2 of them (needed for balanced insert points).
And thx for the L.E.D. info,had some trouble openenig the rar file,but now it works and I have seen the schematics.

Cheers,

Udo.

Igor said:
Yes, should work. Prob opening .rar file???? :)
Yes,maybe file broken while loading or so;have downloaded it again and it worked then.Never had problems opening your files before,but Sh*t happens,no? :D.

Thanks for taking care Igor,

best,

Udo.

Yep. Just curious. What is the purpose of these 5 switch boards???? 40 switches in total. Curiosity killed the cat..........

Igor said:
Yep. Just curious. What is the purpose of these 5 switch boards???? 40 switches in total. Curiosity killed the cat..........
Working on a summing box based on SL552(IMO) and NYD passive network.The SSL module has an insert point which I wanted to pimp a bit:3 blocks of signal processing for some processors each (not for mastering only ;)),changeable running orders,ms capabilities etc.
Had this "insert-box" in mind for a long time,now it seems to end up in a bigger box as the passive mixer has grown up to a 5RU
unit populating about half of the frontpanel.So there´s a lot of space for having switches on it,for a master fader and metering too.
Also a lot of space inside which has to be filled up -and has to be switched of course;D ;D ;D ;D.
Will be a nice "little big project" for me,and working on this from time to time is a good downer for me when my normal work is done.I like it sitting at the table soldering stuff,listening to some good music,having a good cup of coffee and my handrolling tobacco-this relaxes me very fast and long-lasting;except of my other DIY-love:Cooking!

Best,

Udo.

Igor said:
O! Should be really awesome thing when finished. Well, post pics than!
Shure!
Just as a sidenote-see att. pic,this part needs 30 switches so having 40 is a must for me,hahahaha..... ;)
Udo.

Attachments

• Insert Relais Tower.jpg
    Insert Relais Tower.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 121
Me again, 

have soldered and hooked up one of the boards for testing.

Changed the pre resistors to the leds to fit my "Lumotast FK" (a bit like EAOs) in brightness.

Looking good so far,I´m using the first mode (PGM mode 8 x latch).

It works,also the driver chip (Darlington-transistor-array) is o.k.,I can measure the output-switching to 12 vdc-HURRAY!

But:

After powering on all switches go to "ON".That´s not usefull for me thinking that I have to switch all of my 46 switches to "OFF" after every power-up.

What do you think-is there a way to force the controler to have an "All switches off" after power-up?
Can this be done by using the "init store" dip switch (don´t know how to use it;therefore didn´t touch it and thought it might be better to ask first before destroying anything).

Or even better:

A way to add on your nice memory board?

Best regards and merry christmas,

Udo.

O.K., gave it a try and did as follows:
Powered board up,brought all switches to off,set "Init store" to On (led flashes),set it back to off after some seconds-done.
Being very lucky then I soldered all boards in one go (6 in complete).
Hooked up a small switch board for testing as well as one board having leds on it for giving the UNL2803 a load.
Now testing is pretty easy,and I had a lot of fun trying the other modes as well.
Have attached a pic of my test setup.

Still my deepest whish is to have a memory board for them....

Best regards,

Udo.

Attachments

• Testing.jpg
    Testing.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 123

Latest posts

Back