Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😂Sorry.But I'm thinking of when I purchased my 6 Flea's bk when.The prices now have soared.And it all started w Gibson guitars IMO at covid beginning.For shouldn't prices on everything return to 2016,17 prices?!At least near.What I paid for my mics are 2300 less ea. than now.But my TubeTech CL1B I cannot believe what they're asking.Now Lundahl has been the same.My Son n I both lefties n a shop in Boston sold me a 1957r Green over Gold Top made2measure Les Paul that someone ordered w the beautiful not surf green, a bit greener with the gold top coming thru, natural mahogany bk n neck.The most beautiful Les Paul I've ever seen n my Son🤤for it was similar to "Lucy" but for it has vintage Kluson bell pearl tuners vs Georgie's steel n the CS did ultralight aged trim etc.Point is we got it for 2500+$ than what we'd pay from Gibson NOW.It's lovely to have dealers for gear, guitars who treat us like family.I shudder to think what my old lefty Gibson SJ200 n left handed Martin D45 n D28 would be now.Sorry but on I go, my lefty 2009 Fender Amer Standard is basically CS n paid 900$.We were lucky to be gifted a true left handed 1963 Fender Strat.It came from family knowing we were lefties n stamped on neck was
2 Mar63 B.I rang up my cousin and said we must pay something.He said, absolutely not just have Stewart write a big hit on it.Cheers

😂Sorry.But I'm thinking of when I purchased my 6 Flea's bk when.The prices now have soared.And it all started w Gibson guitars IMO at covid beginning.For shouldn't prices on everything return to 2016,17 prices?!At least near.What I paid for my mics are 2300 less ea. than now.But my TubeTech CL1B I cannot believe what they're asking.Now Lundahl has been the same.My Son n I both lefties n a shop in Boston sold me a 1957r Green over Gold Top made2measure Les Paul that someone ordered w the beautiful not surf green, a bit greener with the gold top coming thru, natural mahogany bk n neck.The most beautiful Les Paul I've ever seen n my Son🤤for it was similar to "Lucy" but for it has vintage Kluson bell pearl tuners vs Georgie's steel n the CS did ultralight aged trim etc.Point is we got it for 2500+$ than what we'd pay from Gibson NOW.It's lovely to have dealers for gear, guitars who treat us like family.I shudder to think what my old lefty Gibson SJ200 n left handed Martin D45 n D28 would be now.Sorry but on I go, my lefty 2009 Fender Amer Standard is basically CS n paid 900$.We were lucky to be gifted a true left handed 1963 Fender Strat.It came from family knowing we were lefties n stamped on neck was
2 Mar63 B.I rang up my cousin and said we must pay something.He said, absolutely not just have Stewart write a big hit on it.Cheers
I meant to write the 57 Les Paul I paid 2500+ less than the Greed filled Gibson is charging now.I'm sure employees haven't seen a wage increase nor have grocery employees, for I asked them-you lasses surely saw a raise, as they loaded my groceries in my trunk?NO. I tipped them but they were working so hard n I didn't see others w tips.Greed is still ruling even though the pandemic is over.Getting vax'd was our duty not to spread as the polio vax was given w/0ut question.Sorry typing this on DIY 💚but too many were lost

I bought 2 x M49 bodies from Jenny @ Shuayin last month and had them shipped from Shanghai to the UK, the design has changed compared to the ones shown on Chunger's website, the bottom end now screws onto the 7 pin XLR, rather than the M49 body being held together with screws - so you can't fit a Binder connector, I don't know if that is important to you.

I bought 2 x M49 bodies from Jenny @ Shuayin last month and had them shipped from Shanghai to the UK, the design has changed compared to the ones shown on Chunger's website, the bottom end now screws onto the 7 pin XLR, rather than the M49 body being held together with screws - so you can't fit a Binder connector, I don't know if that is important to you.
Can you show a photo of this new design, please? How much is this body direct from Shuayin?

ah that's unfortunate. The binder design is much cooler let's be real

They cost me $ 93.80 (+$19.90 for shock mount) plus shipping and taxes to UK. Your mileage may vary - shoot them an email to ask!

I was lucky they had M49s in stock and were willing to sell me less than 50 (!!)..

Here are pictures as requested, side by side for the new design (left) old design (right), then bottom of new design (note 7 pin XLR), then bottom of old design (for Binder connector), then new design with its bottom unscrewed.

I'm sure you get the idea..

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3001.jpeg
    IMG_3001.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3002.jpeg
    IMG_3002.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
They cost me $ 93.80 (+$19.90 for shock mount) plus shipping and taxes to UK. Your mileage may vary - shoot them an email to ask!

I was lucky they had M49s in stock and were willing to sell me less than 50 (!!)..

Here are pictures as requested, side by side for the new design (left) old design (right), then bottom of new design (note 7 pin XLR), then bottom or old design (for Binder connector), then new design with its bottom unscrewed.

I'm sure you get the idea..
Hmm, that’s weird. It looks like Jenny has send you other pictures from another M49 body than me.
She send me the following which seems to be a cross of the two.
Can you please upload a picture of the internal of the upper body from the "new" version?
M49 1.jpg

Hmm, that’s weird. It looks like Jenny has send you other pictures from another M49 body than me.
She send me the following which seems to be a cross of the two.
Can you please upload a picture of the internal of the upper body from the "new" version?
View attachment 107776
Murdock,
The pictures I posted are pictures I took today of M49s I have in hand, old style from Banzai groupbuy some years ago, new style shipped from Jenny last month.

TBH, I would have preferred to buy the M49 body in your picture, as it looks like a cross of new and old and could serve both purposes, XLR and Binder.. But that isn't what Jenny shipped to me last month..
Thx
Mark

Looks like you could remove xlr sextion and drill and tap holes to attach binder panel mount connector… I agree they binder is the way…

Edit: upon closer inspection it seems that it would be tricky as you need the threads of the xlr neck to attach the bottom bell…

Hmmmm… there is always a way. I wonder if the binder-able body can be purchased. If we do a group buy im in

Yes, you could remove the XLR and drill tap the bottom shell to attach a binder, but there isn't enough overlap between the bottom shell and the middle shell to drill and tap the bottom shell to the middle shell. You could drill and tap the middle shell to the top shell.

I will ask Jenny if there is an alternative Binder compatible M49 model.. who knows..

Latest posts

Back