Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I have a problem with the entire run of budget-YT5 bodies that I received. The XLR set screw hole was not drilled on all of the end pieces in the frame so they do not work. A local GroupDIY guy who has a machine shop is willing to help, and I am also in contact with the factory to send me replacement bottom pieces, but they will need to make those, and that takes time. I will know more May 9 when my local machinist friend returns from a trip.

I have been adjusting the shipping rates to match the incremental increases in rates. . . I'll keep monitoring and adjusting, but we refund excess shipping costs via paypal when we ship out. I sortof threw them up on the webstore quickly and will note orders that are excessively out of line and dial in the auto shipping rate calculator as we get the recent influx of orders shipped out.
How did it work out with your machinist buddy? Is there a workable solution to fix the YT5's?

If I could ask a favor from someone with this c12 kit. Could you take a picture or 2 top down and from the side of the mic without the headbasket on?

I was thinking about turning it into a "bottle mic". I have the attached for the bayonet, I figured I could screw it into the top plate. Just gauging to see how good or terrible it would look. Thanks so much.

Would anyone kindly post the screw thread size for mic body rails of the GT2B and SYT-5, respectively? Edit - somehow missed in searching, they are M2

Last edited:
Chunger,
Still interested in buying a couple of budget YT-5 bodies as soon as they're available. Any updates on modifying or replacing the bottom pieces that weren't drilled?

Hi Chunger,

couldn't t reach you by email. I bought a few capsule holders a couple weeks back via your website but haven't gotten a "package sent" notice. Are they on their way?

Thanks!

Chunger,

I tried to contact you by email a few days ago but haven't heard back from you. I placed an order for 2 Alctron HT-11A tube mic body kits in the type 1 style without the cable. However, when the package arrived it only contained a single kit. I'm sure you are busy, I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you very much.

Hey Chunger,

I just noticed the GT-2B bodies are out if stock on the site. Don't wanna be a pest, but do you know if they'll be back anytime soon?

Thanks!

Is it just crickets these days? Are people receiving their stuff, and problems being resolved alright? Thinking of making an order.

Same also, asked for a shipping notification but haven’t gotten word back. I’d be interested in seeing if people are receiving their orders.

i made a large order this summer, it took a while to arrive, but i was expecting that. i had no issues with the order so can’t speak on how they might have been handled. i gather that chunger responds more expeditiously to messages about such troubles. not much info, but hope this helps…

I sure wish Chunger would get the C12 Microphone Kit back in stock on his webstore. I've built a number of them and I'm wanting to build another one.

I made an order and received it in like 3-4 weeks or something? Very happy.

For C12 kits, what's not in stock? The power supply? Prolly get one for next to free on here or somewhere.

I wish for A stock 49 bodies . . . .

There's one on ebay in the Netherlands right now for $312, free shipping (a M49 body that is) if you're desperate.

Back