USA facts Climate Tool

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazer

USA Facts created a climate tool app for looking at change in climate for the US and states within.

Climate in the United States

For instance in my state, Colorado, There is no change in the last hundred years. But in places like Florida there has been great change.

Where I live according to the chart, certain demographics of the population experienced temperatures differently. Should I point out the obvious of those demographics match with the current demographics for the state.🤔

Where I live according to the chart, certain demographics of the population experienced temperatures differently. Should I point out the obvious of those demographics match with the current demographics for the state.🤔
Ummmmmmmmm.....what????

Climate is on a world scale...

Doin' only the USA is kind of besides the point, even if I understand that they want reliable and comparable numbers to start with. These might not be available on a world scale.

Also, they are comparing weather. Not climate. There simply is no climate on a monthly scale. Climate is on a "larger than 30 years" scale. That's 360 times more. Wrong resolution.

Still, infographics give you a picture that's real. Open to interpretation, of course.

Climate is on a "larger than 30 years

So 100 years don’t count (as in the study)? Moving goal post. Colorado I guess doesn’t participate in climate change 😅

But yes it’s only the USA in the study. not world. USA facts is based on government data. Not make believe. From Alaska to Florida.

So 100 years don’t count (as in the study)? Moving goal post. Colorado I guess doesn’t participate in climate change 😅

But yes it’s only the USA in the study. not world. USA facts is based on government data. Not make believe. From Alaska to Florida.

The average temp is calculated from a century of data. The graph is one month. And local. Completely irrelevant.

As your opinion is🤣

seriously your saying I’m looking at 30 years not 100 years because the study compares the last 20 to the previous centuries average? Not sure I follow. The climate tool goes back to 1900.

Last edited:
Indeed its weather not climate, a common confusion. Sadly like good propagandists they constant beat this same drum, because it works on the uninformed.
======
I like that Balmer is using government data, the climate critics do not have issues with the raw data just the poorly founded conclusions.

The Koonin climate science book "unsettled" contains pages and pages of government charts, graphs, and data.

JR

PS; My copy of the Lomborg book "False Alarm" arrived but I have two books in cue to read before it. No hurry I am pretty sure I know how it ends. :cool:

One of the craziest things I've heard about climate change recently is when congress was questioning the new fed central bank leadership, they were leaning on adding climate change to the existing too many mandates (inflation and employment are already one mandate too many).

I guess the central bankers could slow CO2 releases and help the climate by causing economic collapse. :rolleyes: That might slow inflation too, but could hurt employment.. optimizing two is really hard, all three sounds impossible.:cool:

JR

If you are in corn country, watch out for the behemoth farm machinery running down the roads burning untaxed diesel fuel

'feeding the world'

monoculture rowcrop, U$20k/acre prime tillable land...and that ethanol blend is bad for the 2-stroke chainsaw

If RFS is up for renewal, will microsoft push subsidies for change over to switchgrass on his farm? or is agribusiness as usual too entrenched:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am unsure about which existing thread to use and this is indirectly related to climate.

Why does the government think it is OK to burn oil purchased from bad actors, while preventing oil extraction domestically? It's not about the climate since the CO2 ends up in the same atmosphere. Ironically perhaps our oil and NG is cleaner than typical foreign sources, but that is a secondary effect (one possible explanation is they actually want higher energy prices to create demand destruction, sadly harming the poorest among us).

While the arm wavers were distracted or pacified, the administration is meeting with Manduro about bringing in oil from Venezuela, and meeting with Russia (WTF) and Iran about restarting Iran's nuclear deal to bring Iranian oil to the market while putting billions of dollars in bad actor pockets, to fund more bad behavior.

The Russian oil we are buying now is only a few percent of our total but the oil market is tight and prices are currently well above $100 barrel ($130 overnight). Public support is building to block all purchases of Russian oil that will further increase upward price pressure.

The obvious question is why not approve the pipeline to bring Canadian oil down to our refineries, and why not encourage US oil/NG production? These restrictive domestic energy policies are hurting America and empowering our enemies. If we stick to this wrongheaded energy policy we could easily trigger the next recession from sky high energy prices later this year. Buying Iranian and/or Venezuelan oil would reward authoritarian rulers.

JR

PS: Energy prices are clearly a focus of the politicians since we have a mid term election coming up in a few months. I suspect they think Americans won't mind using Iranian or Venezuelan oil. We used both in the past back before drilling and fracking our way to energy independence, then recently reversing course to become dependent again.

Domestic oil production has gone up thousands of barrels a day, steadily, since 2020/early 2021, when there was a dip for some weird reason (It seems to be everywhere in the world around that time ... I wonder if something happened?).
COVID caused an economic slow down world wide that slowed energy use.

Domestic oil production is higher now than at any point in U.S. history before 2018:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M
I just watched Jen Saki cite the demo talking points. :rolleyes:
You might not remember this, but sometime in 2020, a barrel of oil was actually worth LESS than nothing and a deal was cut for everyone to stop producing so much oil for a while. (Again, something mysterious affected worldwide oil production that might still have global effects):
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52350082
To save you the trouble of clicking on a link and reading,
don't worry I won't click
"Earlier this month, Opec members and its allies finally agreed a record deal to slash global output by about 10%. The deal was the largest cut in oil production ever to have been agreed."
OPEC+ slashing output is to support higher prices... But oil over $100 barrel is too high even for OPEC, Putin probably doesn't mind. But President Biden is looking at mid term elections in a few months. Administration personnel met with Manduro to investigate bringing in Venezuelan sour heavy crude, that our Gulf coast refineries were built for. The Biden administration is also meeting with Russia and Iran trying to restart the Iran nuclear deal that could get Iranian oil back on the market. I am not a fan of helping either authoritarian enemy.
That happened in 2020, by the way. The deal terminates this year.

TL;DR: Domestic oil production has gone up all year, it was temporarily slashed in 2020 as part of a global deal.
www said:
Since assuming the office of the Presidency, Joe Biden has taken several actions to obstruct oil production in the United States, including a suspension of new oil and gas leases on federal lands and blocking oil sales in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). He also canceled the Keystone XL pipeline within hours of assuming office.
The US oil industry is reluctant to invest large amounts into new drilling/fracking with the future government energy policy so negative.
Here's a similar chart for natural gas production:
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/n9050us2a.htm
Natural gas production is HIGHER now than it was in 2019 & 2020. So where's the idea that it's being discouraged coming from?
Thanks for schooling me about fossil fuels.. :rolleyes:

Building new LNG export terminal in the NE has been stalled. NY state has blocked NG pipelines that could bring plentiful low cost NG from PA and west to NE.

If we had more LNG export capacity we could supply the EU with NG so they don't have to depend on Russia for energy. World NG prices are higher than here because we have so much of it, and not enough pipelines, export terminals.

The Biden administration will be blaming Putin for the high prices as long as that rowboat holds water. While secretly trying to keep rising gas prices from hurting their Nov election chances. Reportedly President Biden is even considering visiting Saudi Arabia to lobby them to pump more oil. Maybe just send VP Harris, but the Saudis are still upset about the US handling of the Jamal Khashoggi, saudi journalist(dissident) killing.

Maybe President Biden should just ask American oil companies to drill/pump more. The real reason gas/oil prices are rising now is because we are recovering from the COVID pandemic, finally.:cool: But if we screw this up the economy is past due for a recession.

JR

So Puron R410A is being phased out? Confusing. Seems there are some drop in replacement refrigerants but the R32 being talked about for use here isn't .

Then there's the R134A being replaced with the R1234? Looks like it's $700 for a 10lb cylinder compared to the $120 for a 30lb cylinder.

Latest posts

Back