USA facts Climate Tool

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you wanted anyone here to believe you actually watched Jen Psaki, you could start by spelling her name right. ;)
I don't care if anybody believes me... I wasn't watching "Psaki" on purpose, I dropped into the news to catch up on the invasion, and she was spewing the "unused drilling leases" talking point. She has a very difficult job blaming everybody else in the world, other than her own administration for the public challenges we face. Blaming the US oil industry for energy price inflation is remarkable.

Leaks/rumors suggest the Biden administration will bend to public opinion and stop buying Russian oil... The EU won't stop because they literally can't afford to. Oil energy prices are heading even higher from here but IMO banning Russian oil is the right thing to do despite the price consequence, while Russian oil is only a modest fraction of our imports. Oil is fungible so China or somebody else will get the Russian oil cheap and we will have to source oil elsewhere.

I still can't predict the future but am worried about the ideas they have been floating to increase/replace oil supply (like opening Iran, Venezuela).

My apologies to madame Psaki no insult intended, thanks for fact checking me and correcting the record.

JR

I want to applaud President Biden for stopping US purchases of Russian oil. (y) IMO it is the right thing to do.

If you are looking for something to fact check, how about President Biden's claim that we are a net energy exporter.
POTUS said:
In fact, we're a net exporter of energy so we can take this step when others cannot,

'We "were" a net energy exporter in 2019/2020 thanks to ex-President Trump's policies. BUT President Biden reversed every Trump policy he could get his fingers on immediately after taking office. We are no longer a net exporter or we wouldn't even have this oil supply drama.

I expect we will hear clarification from WH spokesperson Psaki. That was in their scripted speech so I am sure they have spin armed and loaded.

I'll leave it to others to count how many Pinocchios were in the entire speech..

JR

Latest posts

Back