Very bad news

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relax, its The Guardian....

Newspapers%20left%20right%20wing-01.png

Last edited:
we have been talking about this for years... right here.

we are probably in the later stages of the warming period before the next ice age... everybody complaning about warming will miss it when the ice comes. ;)

I plan to be dead before then... All this GW- climate mumbo jumbo is a naked political power grab. (IMO)

JR

we have been talking about this for years... right here.

we are probably in the later stages of the warming period before the next ice age... everybody complaning about warming will miss it when the ice comes. ;)

I plan to be dead before then... All this GW- climate mumbo jumbo is a naked political power grab. (IMO)

JR
Yea, it's all about you anyway and if reality doesn't fit your ideology, it surely must be wrong.

No it's about the geologic record... and your response is personal attack, does that even feel hypocritical?

JR
Not at all, since you made it about yourself (again). The predictable "After us, the flood" comment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Après_moi,_le_déluge
I called you out on your reaction to potentially devestating scientific evidence in the most matter-of-fact manner. No personal attack, not even an "OK boomer".

The ice age will come and go before the sun goes red giant in 5 billion years. Now that red giant (expanded) sun will melt it some ice in our solar system.

I share my personal opinions because those are all I can know with any certainty. Comparing me to the french King Louis 15th is really cute (effete snark)....

I recall devastating climate research suggesting a global winter when we would all freeze and starve, before they figured out how to read the temperature objectively. I am still unconvinced that climate change is an existential threat, sold that way to better scare the sheeple into ceding more control to government.

Yes I am old, and that shapes a lot of my thinking, but if I wasn't responsible I would encourage the government to borrow and spend even more money than they already are. Who doesn't like more free sh__? Our children (of which I have none) will be on the hook when the easy borrowing music stops. My personal self interest (no children, closed my business last year) is not impacted by big government or any of the other nonsense going on.

JR

The ice age will come and go before the sun goes red giant in 5 billion years. Now that red giant (expanded) sun will melt it some ice in our solar system.

I share my personal opinions because those are all I can know with any certainty. Comparing me to the french King Louis 15th is really cute (effete snark)....

I recall devastating climate research suggesting a global winter when we would all freeze and starve, before they figured out how to read the temperature objectively. I am still unconvinced that climate change is an existential threat, sold that way to better scare the sheeple into ceding more control to government.

Yes I am old, and that shapes a lot of my thinking, but if I wasn't responsible I would encourage the government to borrow and spend even more money than they already are. Who doesn't like more free sh__? Our children (of which I have none) will be on the hook when the easy borrowing music stops. My personal self interest (no children, closed my business last year) is not impacted by big government or any of the other nonsense going on.

JR
I do have kids and grandchildren and I worry more about the ability of governments and media to persuade them of anything but the truth than I do about the effect climate change will have on them. I too remember back in the 70s when the science was settled that we were heading for an ice age, now the science is settled we are heading for a hothouse yet they still can't reliably predict the weather a week ahead. The proponents of climate change are as dogmatic as us old farts who see the wool being pulled over our eyes yet again.

Funny how when this all began it was anthropogenic global warming but that was a tad to hard for the man in the street to swallow and for the politicians to understand. So it was diluted to global warming and now, so no matter which way it goes they will be right, the pundits call it climate change. Of course we have climate change. It has been changing for aeons.

Cheers

Ian

I gladly take your advice on audio circuit related matters, but climate scientists you are not. It's unfortunately that you prefer to follow the line laid out for you by cranks and special interests.

Governments borrowing and spending money has nothing at all to do with scientific fact. It's unfortunate that apparently it is very hard for many (most?) people to accept facts that counter their ideological preconceptions.

But reality will come back and crash in like the water that hit my basement 3 weeks ago, in a rare weather event made much more likely by the anthropogenic climate change some here still prefer to deny.

I rest my case.

I gladly take your advice on audio circuit related matters, but climate scientists you are not.
I would not claim to be a climate scinetist and I am sure neither would you claim to be. But I am smart enough and well informed enough to realise that many factors which significantly influence climate are simply not discussed because they do not speak to the official "we are in the shit and its our fault" line.
It's unfortunately that you prefer to follow the line laid out for you by cranks and special interests.
If that comment is aimed at me then then it is both wrong and insulting

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back