Voter Fraud!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who determines who’s sound of mind and who’s not? …Asking for trouble with this line of thought, in my opinion. Plus, at that point, who’s to say that should be limited to voting? Why not procreation, among plenty of other things? …An extremely slippery-slip here.
Well, let's see. Medical professionals are currently empowered with this determination for legal purposes (maybe you've heard the term "power of attorney"). In CA, a person designated mentally incapacitated by dementia, Alzheimer's, etc. must surrender their driver's license (they may still have a state ID). Convicted Felons are prohibited from voting. No one said anything about procreation. It isn't a slippery slope.

People unable to manage their own affairs have no business voting and, thus by proxy, running everyone else's affairs.

Why should they be first in line? What more do they know about creating, maintaining, and running the (now overly complex) systems of state?
Are you against people with physical disabilities being able to vote? Should they not be accommodated?

I don’t think you would find much support for denying homeless veterans with mental illness the right to vote.

I don’t know anything about maintaining the complex systems of state and I vote.

Last edited:
So I have a friend who's homeless--I've known him 20+ years, since long before he no longer had a home. Substance abuse? He certainly has a drink from time to time. Mental illness? Occasional bouts of depression, which I've seen get pretty severe on one or two occasions. But I know housed people with far worse substance problems, and with far greater issues with mental illness. You're painting a lot of people with a very broad brush, and neglecting to note that plenty of other people, whose right to vote you seem to have no problem with, have addiction and mental health issues that are as bad or worse than a great many of the homeless. The lack of a street address is the only distinction that is absolute between the housed and the homeless.
Sure, there are functioning addicts and people struggling with mental problems. They are able to maintain their affairs (possibly with help from family or friends). If it were up to me I'd consider the necessary prescription of certain medications reason to deny voting rights. We do that with other rights already. Inability to manage basic life tasks and responsibilities is a strong indicator of deeper problems.

Problems which preclude the right to vote?
Yes. Take voter initiatives. These are often complex and have deep implications (financial, social, governmental, and otherwise). You want someone who can't function at a basic level in society to help make these decisions?

Jeez, Trump had plenty of strong indicators of deeper problems and you guys elected him President!!
Biden had dementia or Alzheimers before he was elected. He's declined further since.

In my minds eye I see an evil political genius with a laser pointer, getting all the cats to chase the dancing spot of light... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
==
As I suggested years ago, let everybody vote, but make them submit their fingerprint(s) and a photo.... As long as the vote counts are not close , it doesn't matter. For close races... vet all the votes. Machine technology could easily screen for duplicate finger prints or photos.

Problem solved... that was easy. :cool:

JR

PS: The news is more interesting than this poop... Chinese spy balloons ;).

Yes. Take voter initiatives. These are often complex and have deep implications (financial, social, governmental, and otherwise). You want someone who can't function at a basic level in society to help make these decisions?
How about a homeless veteran wirh mental illness? Should they be denied the right to vote?

How about a homeless veteran wirh mental illness? Should they be denied the right to vote?
Yes. But they should be given priority for assistance (medical, psychological, and otherwise) for their sacrifice. Homelessness and some mental illnesses are not permanent conditions, after all.

How many of you were "all in" for restricting the rights of people who refused the Covid shots? Or for muzzling people who disagreed with the oxymoronic "scientific consensus" on Covid origins, mask efficacy, lock downs, etc? Be honest.

Latest posts

Back