Whistleblower Dead

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also the idea of being a completely helpless passenger (with zero control over what happens) at 10k miles height flying really fast. Plus, most of us have done this many times. On the other hand, the idea of injecting a black market substance with a needle into my body is repulsive and absurd to me, and probably most of us here.
You might be surprised how many people in the music industry and elsewhere take illicit drugs in a form that can be adulterated with fentanyl, etc. I'm with you as far as use goes, but many are willing to take the trip.

Bottom line is, we are really bad at objectively assessing risks and acting on them properly.
Yep*.

We are worse at assessing abstract long-term risks.
Like the real and direct risks of not eating healthy, not exercising, and generally ignoring basic bodily maintenance.

If people could see the scenarios playing out for their grandchildren, they would mostly act much differently wrt to climate change and similar problems.
*And here's an example of improper assessment of risk.

Where was that dude and his whipsple, like, in 2017 when he retired? 2018 when his Boeing bennies are secure? Or in 2009 during his long Boeing career when he was experiencing the incidents? And now he offs himself? Prolly the FBI will do a deeper investigation, so it is in capable, honest, hands. Whew!
NCM escaping on the production floor, "those bolts" not being installed? The only way up is Corrective Actions from the suites to the streets at Boeing. Otherwise they get thrown into the pile of greedily squandered US brands. If chipotle can do it, boeing can.
Mike

Kilometer = km units and symbols matter.
maybe it was auto correct that changed it to miles. 🤔
====
I'm editing a friend's new book and every time I type "vias", apple's word processor autocorrects it to "bias" and won't let me type "via" unless I capitalize it or add a quote symbol.

You could almost say that it looks like they have "bias" on their minds. ;)

JR

Back