• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: SSM2015 ICs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andow

I'm looking for at least two SSM2015 ICs for a TAC Matchless repair. I saw some offers on Ebay but they're all located in China, maybe somebody in Europe has some spares....

I'm looking for at least two SSM2015 ICs for a TAC Matchless repair. I saw some offers on Ebay but they're all located in China, maybe somebody in Europe has some spares....

I have for sure one spare SSM2016, not sure about the differences between that one and the SSM2015, maybe they're interchangeable.
PM me if you need it

I have about half a dozen, mail me !

Last edited:
Hi
The SSM2015 and 2016 are not the same. The 2016 has more pins for a start. the internal 'gain structure' is different.
AMEK used the 2015 originally and on some desks they were mounted on a plug in sub board (JP307).
These were uses on BC2 and classisc desks among others. The SSM2015 has a curious 'fault' that when you clip it with a high input transient it creates a small burst of oscillation. The SSM2016 does not have this 'weakness' and as a preamp it is a touch less noisy. As the gain structure (internal resistors) are different to the 2015, a replacement plug in board was designed but the gain pot (or all the resistors in the chain that are used when it has a gain switch, need changing (unless you don't care that the gain settings are incorrect. The replacement board is a DH 6?? (I forget the numbers).

Hi
The SSM2015 and 2016 are not the same. The 2016 has more pins for a start. the internal 'gain structure' is different.
AMEK used the 2015 originally and on some desks they were mounted on a plug in sub board (JP307).

Thanks for explaining.
The SSM2016 I have came from an AMEK Einstein, they used the 2016 as the Mic Amp in the input channels

Yes, they were used practically as the SSM data sheet recommended and on the main board in the Einstein Mozart and Hendrix as well. Big, Recall and 501 desks used SSM2017 which are 8 pin chips.
The Mozart MZ15RN modules used a mic pre design attributed to Rupert Neve (hence the TN in it's module number).

Latest posts

Back