WTF Florida?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you take the governor you don’t like out of that and see how it applies to all elected officials, it’s not a bad idea.
Getting paid to write a blog post, no different than election commercials. Nothing wrong with having to disclose who paid for it.

Getting paid to write a blog post, no different than election commercials.
I'm glad you located DeSantis's talking points--good job. The problem is the bill is way broader than regulation of faux grassroots blogging. If an individual were looking into, say, criminal activity by your beloved fascist DeSantis, and set up a gofundme to help cover research costs, they'd have to notify DeSantis, and let him know who backed the research, just so he'd know whom to attack next.

And even where its use might be justifiable, there are likely to be serious issues with selective enforcement in a state where govt. is so tilted to one party.

If you don't find this at all disconcerting, then I am sorry for you.

Ron DeSantis uses these Florida right-wing sites to make national news

So presumably these sites, which are pro-DeSantis & one step above a blog, are going to be exempt--because they're ostensibly media outlets? 5 "reporters" and a track record going back nearly a year? Sure! That's a media outlet!

"Where woke goes to die" is only a few short steps from "Where queers/blacks/etc. don't deserve to live." It's a shame people are so brainwashed they can't see that. Or is that what they really want? DeSantis is a dark motherf*cker. Sadly he's got a bunch of suckers champing at the bit to buy into his despicable rhetoric.

Your straw man and hyperbole are way off the charts.
Your political myopia is way off the charts. (OTOH, maybe your vision is fine, and it's just that you don't want to publicly acknowledge how much you like what you see coming down the road. I am not a mind reader, so I can't say which is correct.)

It's also intriguing that Florida is so obsessed with blogs (yet exempting news outlets) when the Dominion case has shown us quite clearly how in the bag for the GOP Fox News is--and to what anti-journalistic extremes they've been willing to go to support their chosen party.

Heck, one of the excuses blowhards like Carlson use for their deceptive practices is that they're not really journalists--so would Florida hold them to the same standards to which they'd hold bloggers? If not, why not?

I'll just lean back and enjoy my popcorn when Trump and DeSantis start slinging mud add each other next year. Hopefully they will cancel each other (out).
Trump would rather destroy the Republican party than let DeSantis have the nomination.

In other news, some images have come out from rallies in support of DeSantis's book bannings:

bild_102-14599_layout.jpg__1536x1536_q85_subsampling-2.jpg

Like many bills, this one is poorly conceived. I hope it doesn't pass. But I also would hope that those on the left who complain about "fascists" could recognize it all of the time. Like big gov bureaucracy working in close conjunction with big tech to control information and speech on a much larger scale. Or when DHS sets up a ministry of disinformation. Be consistent for once.

p.s. Disney getting special treatment in FL for decades is another example. But that's ok for some reason.

I'll just lean back and enjoy my popcorn when Trump and DeSantis start slinging mud add each other next year. Hopefully they will cancel each other (out).
Indeed it is popcorn time because it doesn't matter which one of those two wins....;) either is head a shoulders better than the other side.

I prefer the younger man and as an old fart myself, wish I had the energy that ex-President Trump has. :unsure: Having too many good choices is not a bad thing.

JR

I'm glad you located DeSantis's talking points--good job. The problem is the bill is way broader than regulation of faux grassroots blogging. If an individual were looking into, say, criminal activity by your beloved fascist DeSantis, and set up a gofundme to help cover research costs, they'd have to notify DeSantis, and let him know who backed the research, just so he'd know whom to attack next.

And even where its use might be justifiable, there are likely to be serious issues with selective enforcement in a state where govt. is so tilted to one party.

If you don't find this at all disconcerting, then I am sorry for you.
I am glad you recognize the dangers of selective enforcement in a state where government is so tilted to one party.

It’s just like California but tilted in the other direction.
As for the rest, hmmmm I didn’t know they were his talking points. I have been out of town all week on a gig where I didn’t watch the news at all. It’s possible that I came to that conclusion after reading what you posted. If you find that disconcerting, I feel for you

Fixed that for ya. :)

And I thought it had gotten kind of boring here...
"Crazy" is stating that the southern border is secure, that the economy is fine, that more government is the best solution to our problems, that "equity" is in any way superior to equality. The Biden administration is stuffed with inept hyper-partisan morons. Yes, I probably broke a rule.

Latest posts

Back