WTF Florida?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Crazy" is stating that the southern border is secure, that the economy is fine, that more government is the best solution to our problems, that "equity" is in any way superior to equality. The Biden administration is stuffed with inept hyper-partisan morons. Yes, I probably broke a rule.
That just sounds like being a politician.

That just sounds like being a politician.
And your take sounds like inexperience, apathy, or inattentiveness in some combination. In two years the Biden administration has achieved nothing significant to improve the lot of Americans as a whole or to secure peaceful prosperity for future generations. Whether that is due to incompetence or idiotic priorities is open for debate. FL seems well above average in this regard.

And your take sounds like inexperience, apathy, or inattentiveness in some combination. In two years the Biden administration has achieved nothing significant to improve the lot of Americans as a whole or to secure peaceful prosperity for future generations. Whether that is due to incompetence or idiotic priorities is open for debate. FL seems well above average in this regard.

Actually he has accomplished quite a lot more than could be expected, especially with that thin a majority.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-biggest-successes-failures-second-year-recap-2022-12
The Inflation Reduction Act was a big and quite ashtonishing win. The EU is scrambling to not have their industries left behind in the post-carbon future.

And there is more, see the above story. Now what has Trump accomplished? Did Mexico pay for that Wall? Was any good done to "Americans as a whole" by more giant tax cuts for the ultra rich? Nah.

It’s just like California but tilted in the other direction.
And what equivalent to this law has been enacted in California? You're simply evading the issue at hand by indulging in some rather weak whataboutism.

And how does this "blogger" rule fit into a political system that is absolutely littered with dark money? There are hundreds of millions (and way more on the right than the left) that pour into politics with no way to trace it, and Florida is worried about bloggers? One of the largest "news" organizations in the country conspired (from the top man on down) to knowingly spread lies to support their preferred presidential candidate, and Florida is worried about bloggers?

It's worth wondering what might have inspired this legislation. Is it possible that Rebekah Jones or some other blogger got under DeSantis's skin? Is he worried that if people start digging into his record as FL guv that it might interfere with his presidential campaign? Or maybe he's worried about his opponents on the right--Trump, Bannon, or the shrinking anti-fascist element that remains in the GOP?

Funny too that our self-proclaimed "free speech absolutists" suddenly are willing to support a measure that would absolutely work to chill free speech. But hypocrisy has long been one of the things conservatives truly excel at....

Actually he has accomplished quite a lot more than could be expected, especially with that thin a majority.

The Inflation Reduction Act was a big and quite ashtonishing win. The EU is scrambling to not have their industries left behind in the post-carbon future.
and how much has inflation been reduced? Indeed it was the big "green new deal" concealed by using a false name. I don't know how old you are but I certainly don't expect to see zero carbon in my lifetime. A revealing book on the subject is "Fossil Future" by Alex Epstein
And there is more, see the above story.
pass
Now what has Trump accomplished?
Actually he accomplished quite a bit, while President Biden tried to reverse everything that he did.

I like DeSantis, he's like a younger Trump for his good policies, without the inflammatory blowhard persona.
Did Mexico pay for that Wall?
Do you advocate for open borders? The Mexican cartels are a real risk to human safety here.
Was any good done to "Americans as a whole" by more giant tax cuts for the ultra rich? Nah.
Boring (marxist?) mischaracterization....

So this is about 2024?

JR

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-biggest-successes-failures-second-year-recap-2022-12
The Inflation Reduction Act was a big and quite ashtonishing win.
No, it wasn't. Inflation is still rampant. More gov spending doesn't fix that.

The EU is scrambling to not have their industries left behind in the post-carbon future.
Post-carbon fantasy.

And there is more, see the above story.
I read it. There is nothing in the list of "accomplishments" that has any real lasting value. Nothing.

Now what has Trump accomplished?
Well, he made progress on securing the southern border and enforcing our immigration laws. The numbers don't lie. He didn't get us entangled in new foreign problems that aren't our concern. We became a net energy exporter and energy independent. Our taxes were lowered and our economy was as strong as it had been in 40 years (until the permanent bureaucracy and Dem mayors and governors ruined it with BS Covid response). SCOTUS was restored to some degree with justices grounded in Constitutional originalism. All this was done while his administration was being attacked by hordes of screeching ignorati, the "press," etc. The difference is stark.

Did Mexico pay for that Wall?
No, but they did assist in closing off the pipeline of illegal immigrants from Central and South America. And the wall was extended. How is the situation better now?

Was any good done to "Americans as a whole" by more giant tax cuts for the ultra rich?
The tax cuts lifted the middle class as well. If you want to see how excessive taxation and gov spending works out, look at California. How is rampant inflation better for middle and working class Americans?

You don't know what you're talking about.

Yea, that bill wasn't about inflation... They do this with the names in the US all the time... But "prosperity for future generations" is a big part of it.

And if you still think tax cuts for the ultra-rich help the middle class it's overtime you read up about macroeconomics. It doesn't work that way. Never did.

Yea, that bill wasn't about inflation... They do this with the names in the US all the time... But "prosperity for future generations" is a big part of it.
an imaginary future.... Increasing energy costs will make a less prosperous future for everybody, but will hit the poorest harder. This climate change meme seems like a huge grift.
And if you still think tax cuts for the ultra-rich help the middle class it's overtime you read up about macroeconomics. It doesn't work that way. Never did.
The US has a very progressive tax structure opinion piece

theHill said:
Income data published by the IRS clearly show that on average all income brackets benefited substantially from the Republicans’ tax reform law, with the biggest beneficiaries being working and middle-income filers, not the top 1 percent, as so many Democrats have argued.

That means most middle-income and working-class earners enjoyed a tax cut that was at least double the size of tax cuts received by households earning $1 million or more.

I will repeat one universal truth... poor people do not create jobs... class warfare (attacking the wealthy) is a tired old marxist strategy that still persists because there will always be fewer super wealthy by definition (its just math).

JR

an imaginary future.... Increasing energy costs will make a less prosperous future for everybody, but will hit the poorest harder. This climate change meme seems like a huge grift.

The US has a very progressive tax structure opinion piece

I will repeat one universal truth... poor people do not create jobs... class warfare (attacking the wealthy) is a tired old marxist strategy that still persists because there will always be fewer super wealthy by definition (its just math).

JR
Marxism is one of the worst, most destructive and vile ideology every devised by human kind. And, for some reason, people just won't let it die, whilst always arguing that true Marxism is great (and not yet implemented) even if it has proven, time and time again, that it doesn't work and its results are disastrous. Yet, for other reason, the biggest proponents of Marxism tend to live, most of the time, in the freest, richest and most capitalist 1st world countries, which makes me wonder why don't they move to China, Venezuela, or a similar country, where their ideal utopia lies? My best guess is that they love Marxism, just not that kind of Marxism. Ivory tower Marxism...

Last edited:
That doesn't make it right nor good. GND is destructive fantasy.

But the tax cut helped a huge segment of American taxpayers, not just the wealthy. And the booming economy of 2018 and 2019 lifted nearly everyone who put in some effort (e.g. were willing to work).

Also do the basic math. The bottom 50% of earners only paid an average 11.6% AGI in fed income taxes which totals only 2.9% of total fed income taxes collected in 2021. They already have a huge break compared to everyone else. If you fail to recognize this then your carping about skewed tax cuts is meaningless. Meanwhile, inflation hurts the poor and working class much more than others. So who's policies were better?

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-income-tax-data-2021/

And your take sounds like inexperience, apathy, or inattentiveness in some combination. In two years the Biden administration has achieved nothing significant to improve the lot of Americans as a whole or to secure peaceful prosperity for future generations.
He’s passed more legislation in his first two years than any president since FDR. Bipartisan infrastructure, prescription drug pricing regulation, the remains of build back better. Organizing and keeping NATO focused on Ukraine. Lots more stuff too.

You may disagree with what got done but there is no question it has had a big impact on the country.

When Russia has their buffer extended to Austria they will feel safe. Sounds good to me.
No need to exaggerate, Ukraine is right next to them. I've seen videos of Putin since 2013 complaining about this, it was very well known by NATO what the consequences were, and they wanted these consequences. How would you feel about some Russian missiles in Mexico? Last time this happened, it was Cuba, and we all know how that was.

No need to exaggerate, Ukraine is right next to them. I've seen videos of Putin since 2013 complaining about this, it was very well known by NATO what the consequences were, and they wanted these consequences. How would you feel about some Russian missiles in Mexico? Last time this happened, it was Cuba, and we all know how that was.
Exagerate? Russia has said officially that Ukraine is the first step. The baltic states have to go too. They have said Poland is fair game. Sovereign countries can do as they wish and that’s what they have done.
We both can destroy each other. I don’t see how conventional weapons increases that threat.

BTW Ukraine got screwed by the agreement that had them give up their nukes for protection.

Just to recap. Russia has invaded and occupied Ukrainian land. Not the other way around.

Last edited:
Exagerate? Russia has said officially that Ukraine is the first step. The baltic states have to go too. They have said Poland is fair game. Sovereign countries can do as they wish and that’s what they have done.
We both can destroy each other. I don’t see how conventional weapons increases that threat.

BTW Ukraine got screwed by the agreement that had them give up their nukes for protection.

Just to recap. Russia has invaded and occupied Ukrainian land. Not the other way around.
You didn't answer my question.

Which is exactly what caused this conflict in the first place...
I am probably repeating myself but the roots behind the conflict between Russia and Ukraine run deep and go way way back.

Russia used the wealth gained from record high oil prices to fund their adventurism, and are encouraged by the perceived weakness of the west (like Afghanistan surrender to Taliban).

Now Russia is trying to win support from China (the old 3-way game of odd man out). Russia has started selling oil for payment in yuan, and China is considering providing lethal aid (like ammunition, drones, etc). China is watching Ukraine to decide how aggressive and quickly to move on Taiwan.

Near weapon grade refined uranium has been detected in Iran and the Biden administration is still trying to formalize the "Iran" deal, presumably to prevent them from making nuclear weapons! :eek: How is that working out.:rolleyes:

JR

I am probably repeating myself but the roots behind the conflict between Russia and Ukraine run deep and go way way back.
That is true. Also true is that Lindsey Graham and Mccain went to Ukraine to incite war on the minds of the Ukrainians, by promising US support years ago, you can watch it on video on YouTube

Latest posts

Back