WTF Florida?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would I feel if Russia put missiles in Mexico? Good luck with that. All economic activity between the US and Mexico would come to a screeching halt. Herring with dill tacos!
That is exactly what is happening with Russia, but somehow I believe you think that is acceptable. Rules for thee but not for me...

That is true. Also true is that Lindsey Graham and Mccain went to Ukraine to incite war on the minds of the Ukrainians, by promising US support years ago, you can watch it on video on YouTube
Both of those guys have never met a war they didn’t like.

This doesn't sound to me like something that just happened because Russia has issues with Ukraine and the US knew nothing, as JR seems to suggest:

That is exactly what is happening with Russia, but somehow I believe you think that is acceptable. Rules for thee but not for me...
I don’t understand your point. What exactly is happening?

Nothing is preventing Mexico from pointing weapons at the US except that it is not in either of our interests.

That is true. Also true is that Lindsey Graham and Mccaine went to Ukraine to incite war on the minds of the Ukrainians, by promising US support years ago, you can watch it on video on YouTube
From where I sit it looks like Russia attacked Ukraine....
===
My complaint is that western support seems aimed to prolong the war, not end, or expand it. Putin is well positioned to win a long war as he is willing to keep throwing bodies at it, and the world will keep buying his cheap oil.

Even before the war, Ukraine was the poster boy for corruption, with Biden family fingerprints everywhere. Despite all the altruism being spouted there are flies surrounding that stinking pile of ____.

There is no obvious easy answer to this. Putin and Zelensky need to both be willing to compromise.

JR

From where I sit it looks like Russia attacked Ukraine....
===
My complaint is that western support seems aimed to prolong the war, not end, or expand it. Putin is well positioned to win a long war as he is willing to keep throwing bodies at it, and the world will keep buying his cheap oil.

Even before the war, Ukraine was the poster boy for corruption, with Biden family fingerprints everywhere. Despite all the altruism being spouted there are flies surrounding that stinking pile of ____.

There is no obvious easy answer to this. Putin and Zelensky need to both be willing to compromise.

JR
Look at the video I just posted. To me it doesn't seem like Russia just attacked Ukraine out of the blue....

I don’t understand your point. What exactly is happening?

Nothing is preventing Mexico from pointing weapons at the US except that it is not in either of our interests.
Russian missiles in Mexico, not Mexican missiles....

Putin and Zelensky need to both be willing to compromise.
Zelensky is a pawn and a caricature. He has absolutely no say in the matter, because NATO is behind him. Didn't Zelensky just recently basically asked NATO to (and I paraphrase) nuke Russia first?

Look at the video I just posted. To me it doesn't seem like Russia just attacked Ukraine out of the blue....
Like I said above, you can see those guys say the same thing about anything. Like the misadventures in Iraq.
Russian missiles in Mexico, not Mexican missiles....
No access to the Western financial system. No access to western technology, no auto manufacturing, no anything manufacturing. There is a reason it’s a not very good hypothetical situation.

Mexico has no incentive to throw their lot in with Russia. I don’t think Mexico expects a US invasion. The former Soviet states are fearful of a Russian invasion. With good reason.

I didn't say they did.... you need to work on your mind reading skills.

I did say that the roots go deep and back pretty far. (Ukraine has som

Like I said above, you can see those guys say the same thing about

No access to the Western financial system. No access to western technology, no auto manufacturing, no anything manufacturing. There is a reason it’s a not very good hypothetical situation.
Ok, you didn't get my point. What I was trying to say is that NATO expanding into Ukraine is as if Russia expanded to Mexico. I wasn't trying to argue if that was beneficial for the US and Mexico or not. What I am saying is that during the Cuban Missile Crisis, that is exactly what Russia did and all sirens went off in the US, but when the US wants to do the same to the Russians and the Russians complain, you seem to argue that it is totally fine and Russia should just deal with it.

I didn't say they did.... you need to work on your mind reading skills.

I did say that the roots go deep and back pretty far. (Ukraine has some ugly WWII history).

JR
No John, you are saying that from where you are sitting, Russian attacked Ukraine. And, conveniently neglected from your perspective, that this was exactly what NATO wanted all along and seem to blame it solely on Ukraine and Russian differences.

Ok, you didn't get my point. What I was trying to say is that NATO expanding into Ukraine is as if Russia expanded to Mexico. I wasn't trying to argue if that was beneficial for the US and Mexico or not. What I am saying is that during the Cuban Missile Crisis, that is exactly what Russia did and all sirens went off in the US, but when the US wants to do the same to the Russians and the Russians complain, you seem to argue that it is totally fine and Russia should just deal with it.
That argument makes no sense. The reason the former Soviet states joined NATO is because they are fearful of Russian expansion. The weapons aren’t there for no reason. No one forced them to join NATO.

I hate it when people try to put words in my mouth... its so unsanitary and rarely accurate. :unsure:

JR
Ok, next time, rather than being vague, be specific, so we don't get the wrong idea. Rather than just saying, well it looks like Russia attacked Ukraine.

That argument makes no sense. The reason the former Soviet states joined NATO is because they are fearful of Russian expansion. The weapons aren’t there for no reason. No one forced them to join NATO.
Yes or no: NATO signed an agreement with Russia that NATO wouldn't expand into the east?

What is “the east” defined as? What was the Russian obligation of that agreement?
Yes or no? eastern Europe, don't play language tricks on me, you know exactly what I meant, and you know exactly that they did sign that agreement, and you know that NATO didn't hold to that part of the agreement.

Yes or no? eastern Europe, don't play language tricks on me, you know exactly what I meant, and you know exactly that they did sign that agreement, and you know that NATO didn't hold to that part of the agreement.
And neither did Russia.

Latest posts

Back