Soundcraft Venue II schematics needed - PFL not working

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffifee

GDIY Supporter
I have a Soundcraft Venue II ("Theater" version) which does not want to let me hear individual channels after pressing PFL. The PFL lights up on every single channel when switched, but it does not turn on the PFL indicator at the master section, and continues to let me hear the master output in the headphones.
Could anybody send some schematics? (or even better: does anybody know this problem and the fix?)
Toff

Hi

PFL detect is done by IC10 B (TL 072) on the Right Hand of the master module.
Check if Talk Back works : it uses the other opamp of IC 10.
Then IC10 B drives TR13 and TR14 who drive the fets that flip/flop the mix/PFL signal in control room. I hope it's clear to you... :?:
All this is powered by R253/R254 (10 ohm)
Give me your email, if you want, and I'll try to send you a scan of the schematics
In another way, your problem can be caused by the bus : cut wire in the loom or shorted to ground...

Many thanks! That is great!
[quote author="manarm"]Hi

PFL detect is done by IC10 B (TL 072) on the Right Hand of the master module.
Check if Talk Back works : it uses the other opamp of IC 10.
Then IC10 B drives TR13 and TR14 who drive the fets that flip/flop the mix/PFL signal in control room. I hope it's clear to you... :?: All this is powered by R253/R254 (10 ohm)[/quote]
Yes, it´s clear to me. I don´t know if it will be clear to the guy who has been "servicing" the desk: He cleaned the desk, and changed some inserts, and when I got the desk back, the PFL was gone... :evil: Oh, and I had to realize that the hard way when I wanted to start a quick headphone-linecheck with a live-band - aaaarg! That´s what I call "service" :green: I fear I have to do it myself if I want to have my desk back in working order... I only gave it away because I had no time left...
[quote author="manarm"]
Give me your email, if you want, and I'll try to send you a scan of the schematics.
In another way, your problem can be caused by the bus : cut wire in the loom or shorted to ground...[/quote]

Thank you very much! :sam:
Toff

Back