GSSL CRC Board from Expat Audio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think u do.. optional to take bridge rectifier out (i think) but i wouldnt be 100% sure  ;D

btw.. one question.. this bridge (for crc board) is this one ok ?

Mouser #: 625-W005G-E4
Mfr. #: W005G-E4/51
Manufacturer: Vishay
Desc.: Bridge Rectifiers 1.5 Amp 50 Volt

if i got a 30VA power supply do i have to change the values on caps and res?
thanks!

You can leave the bridge in for the simplest, most plug-and-check-able install (which allows swift unplugging for before/after or with/without comparisons), or you can remove the bridge rectifier if you wish.

If you remove the bridge rectifier, be VERY careful to double-check that you don't connect the positive output of the CRC to the negative rail or vice-versa.

Leaving the reccy in is easiest.

Keith

strangeandbouncy said:
got myself a CRC board, and am just about to install it. I read that you can install it without removing the existing bridge rectifier. I am just unsure how! - as in positive/negative goes where on the rectifier? to the ac connections, or the +/- connections?

sorry to ask such a basic question, just don't want to damage my VITAL compressor by mistake . .

It just goes in between the transformer secondary and the board. -Couldn't be simpler.

You can then unplug and plug it, if you leave the rectifier on the board, and do a side-by-side comparison to show just how much of a transformation it makes!

Keith

Hi!

Do anyone know of a "nobrainer" explanation for the CRC with the Amveco (15V-0-15V, 0.832A -- 25VA)
230V..

With be so useful, I might not die then:)

I appreciate any help!

m

well the crc is same as normal wiring the GSSL .... the center one is important left and right can go either way. as it goes in from the transformer to CRC it goes out from CRC to GSSL.

if its this model`s family TE62053-ND  (this is 15vA)

i think (correct me if im wrong) .. u got to go Primaries on paralel and Secondaries on series? so connecting BLACK and RED together (and covering that with tape or heatsink tube cus they dont connect any further)
then YELLOW would go to one leg from IEC left or right.. other leg of IEC to fuse .. fuse to ON/OFF switch "common". then from the pole of that same switch it would go back to the VIOLET of your tranny.
then secondaries ... green and blue would go either side of the CRC and brown/red would go together on the center.

AGAIN PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG... DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS WITHOUT FURTHER AGREEMENT FROM A MORE EXPERIENCED MEMBER

:)

Great! Thanks ptron for a quick reply!
Can anyone with 230V confirm that this is the way or will my fingers be fried hot dogs?

Can´t wait to test.

Thanks again!

Hi all,
i have mounted my crc board on my GSSL but i have a problem :
first i leaved the bridge rectifier on the main board but i have a strange low voltage on the regulators +5,5 v dc
after that i removed the bridge rectifier on the main board but the problem persist
i measured at the output of the crc +24.5 v dc and -24.5 v dc
Anyone have idea of what happened?
Thank you all in advance

hi guys,

my GSSL works fine,
but to minimize the hum from my transformer, I decided to use a crc board.

but now it's not working anymore, when I remove the crc, it works!
the +15V is 0V!
I checked it with and without the second rectifier, nothing changed
The funny thing?
I got a second with exact the same components(with a SSC) and this one works great with a CRC!

Could someone explain this?

GSSL revision 7

TS7815CZ
2x15V Transformer,
6x470uF/35V,
4x10Ohms(500mW)
Recifier B80C/1500

Greg,

On the -15 leg, you should read 20Ω between the -ve output of the bridge rectifier and the -ve output pin.
Likewise, for the + leg... you should read 20Ω between the +ve output of the bridge rectifier and the +ve output pin.

Please measure this and confirm back. -Check the soldering, particularly at the ends of the resistors.

Good luck, and best wishes for silent compression very soon!
Keith

thx for your reply Keith,
I apreciate this a lot  :D

I checked the resistors, anything is all right, 20 at both rails

I got +-23,8V DC at the CRC Outs.

I tested all 3 CRC's with my second GSSL, all are working with another unit.

this is a bit frustrating cause it shouldn't be that complicated, right?

That's peuliar...

So the CRC board is outputting nice smoothed power... and the regulator is getting plenty of raw DC at the input leg, but is in shutdown...

And it reliably works without the CRC? -I don't get it. -certainly never heard of that before.

It does sound as if your regulator is being fussy. -Perhaps replace it with a different regulator?

Latest posts

Back