EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Skylar,

They look AMAZING! RE the MK7, I know that Max has sold a few number of them, and many of us are buying the body for this project, any chance you could fashion a mount for the PCB? My guess is the same could be done for the G7 and have these available in pairs in your shop, in the same way you are doing the female biner connector? Just a thought...

Cheers

Matt

These little guys are your friends:

Mouser PN: 534-621

I used 2 of them on one of my MK7s along with short 4-40 flat undercut brass screws.

On this build, all the wiring is solid-core silver teflon, and it's STIFF, which really helps keep the board in place. In fact, I can remove the brackets, and the PCB is still held in place solidly under the support of only the wiring.

Now, mounting the G7 takes a little more imagineering.
Using parts that I had lying around...

This one is fun. Looks a little steam-punk, but we like that kind of thing around here, right?
There are plenty of ways this could be done better, but this improvised approach works in a pinch and provides some adjust-ability.
[You will notice that the side rails are all bent outta shape. That's the result of my testing procedures...of course, they still work fine. A trip to the vise will straighten them back up again.]    

uh-oh...the beast!

the_beast.png

So I am just guessing because I haven't been following up on this, but is this mic body going to work with ioaudio's MK47? I have to say this looks fantastic. Very exciting, I think I need to go deficate....  ;)

-Brice Conrad

I know as much about the MK47 as you do.

That being said, there's always a solution.

Great work Skylar.  Patience IS a virtue.  Looks like it's definitely worth the wait.
Thanks for your painstaking attention to detail and hard work.

No Logo?

guavatone said:

Damn right. We don't need no stinkin' logo. This is DIY. You want a logo? You figure out what you want and put it on yerself.  :p

Just my 2.

Skylar said:
uh-oh...the beast!

I just saw Maiden a couple weeks ago.  :D  They were great, but Eddie is starting to look like Swamp Thing. 

I'm going to have to start selling things off to cover a couple of these.  Nice work, Skylar.

Whats the price and what do we get?????? does it come with capsule and electroncis???? can you build me a mic?????

Joking... Looks awesome! Can't wait.

Wondering if this is a one-time run. I understand that more than 200 bodies can be ordered but what about after the production is over ?
Right now i only need/want one body but is it possible to order another one in the future ? Is there some kind of planing going on to make this a "stock item" ?
Sorry if this already has been answered.

Flo

We do plan to make this a stocked item.
After this initial pre-order, we'll be able to better gauge how many to keep in stock.

That's the plan as of now.

Hello Skylar... Thank you for your hard work...

I just ordered QTY 4 of the body and connector...

Thank you Again....

Eric

Latest posts

Back