EQU47 Mic Bodies | Orders open on January 19th 2013

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I´m really curious to know how much bodies are available from this first round. ;D
Mine is paid, hopefully for the first round!

Thank you Skylar, the persistence that  you shown during this 1.6 year is unusual.

Thanks Skylar, just paid for 2 mic bodies!

However, in my haste, I forgot to add the female binder to the mic order.  :'( How can I add these to my order without paying additional shipping?

Thanks again Skylar! You da man!

fazeka said:
Thanks Skylar, just paid for 2 mic bodies!

However, in my haste, I forgot to add the female binder to the mic order.  :'( How can I add these to my order without paying additional shipping?

Thanks again Skylar! You da man!

I did the same :( 
(orders 88,89)

It would be good to have those connectors as an option on the mic body order page.

fazeka, I sent you an email.

wtmnmf, et al :
If you've forgotten to add the FEMALE CABLE-MOUNT binder connector to your order, send me an EMAIL!   support @ equinoxsystems . net
What I will need to do is refund your order(s), and then you can do a new one.
Just make sure you put everything you want in the cart.
This way you don't over-pay on shipping.

Just to be more clear:

Here's what you get when you order the EQU47 (screws are included too but not pictured):

(click me)

So, it comes with this binder connector:

If you want the female cable-mount binder connector that mates with the one above, you'll need to add it to your cart:

So, if you want the FEMALE CABLE-MOUNT binder connector and forgot to add it to your cart, send an email, and we'll refund your original order, then you can place a new one.

Wow, that felt good to finally put the order though ;D

Nice work Skylar!! And amazing commitment seeing it through to the end...... (i miss the thumbs up and beer icons, as I feel the urge to use em now)

Now I’m really confused. People are already ordering and paying for these beauties? How can that be? What am I missing? I read the first post on page one of this thread, and I can’t see any link to a web store. I’m getting that bad feeling like I’m the only one who doesn’t know. Or worse yet:  it’s there right in front of me and I’m missing it!

People are talking about adding items to their cart. I can’t even find a cart. Crap.

So.........., HELP! How can I order & pay for one of these? With the female cable-mount binder connector please. Thank you.

So, if you want the FEMALE CABLE-MOUNT binder connector and forgot to add it to your cart, send an email, and we'll refund your original order, then you can place a new one.

Thanks for the reminder about the connector.

Of course some DIYers may already have these kicking around, or may be planning on an alternative solution!  ;)

Ordered and paid 2 bodies + connectors. Hope I still make the first batch (Purchase No. 120).

BTW: If your end cap is compatible with the original Neumann part, you could offer them separately as there are lots of U47 owners who have trouble either with the connector or with the thread.

pasarski

Thank you very much for setting me straight! The deed is done and now the next stage of the journey begins!

Speaking of the next stage, my next question is:
Now that I have a female connector on its way to me, I'm going to need a male connector, a cable, and a chassis mount female connector. So where do we go to purchase these items?

One more question (for now):
Is this the correct place to be asking questions like this? Or will a build thread get started? I don't want to be the one who's cluttering up this thread with questions that don't belong here, and 'sorry if I already have.

Thank you Skylar and company and cheers to all.

Rossi said:
Ordered and paid 2 bodies + connectors. Hope I still make the first batch (Purchase No. 120).

BTW: If your end cap is compatible with the original Neumann part, you could offer them separately as there are lots of U47 owners who have trouble either with the connector or with the thread.

You're in the first batch.

My end cap should fit in the end of a Neumann U47, but it's set up for 2 internal rails instead of the Neumann's 3 internal rails.
So, it's not really a replacement part without some serious modification.

studiosteve said:
pasarski

Speaking of the next stage, my next question is:
Now that I have a female connector on its way to me, I'm going to need a male connector, a cable, and a chassis mount female connector. So where do we go to purchase these items?
You can use Binder connectors, available through their website.
Male cable-mount : 09 0041 00 07
Female panel-mount : 09 0044 00 07

OR you can use some other multipin connector...Neutrik (I don't personally recommend this), Amphenol-Tuchel, or whatever else you can find.
Amphenol-Tuchel makes the C091A-series which could work well.
Male cable-mount : T 3475 002 or T 3475 001
Female panel-mount : T 3478 000.

For cable, try redco.com
Here's a cable I built using Binder connectors and Gepco 2-ch snake:

This cable is about as large in diameter as you can get with the Binder connectors.
If you use a smaller connector (like the Amphenol C091A), you will want to find a cable with smaller diameter.
So keep cable diameter in mind when thinking about which connectors to use.

studiosteve said:
pasarski
One more question (for now):
Is this the correct place to be asking questions like this? Or will a build thread get started? I don't want to be the one who's cluttering up this thread with questions that don't belong here, and 'sorry if I already have.

Thank you Skylar and company and cheers to all.

For now, go ahead and post questions here.
Once these guys are shipping, I'll start a build thread, and we can divert traffic there.

Skylar said:
Neutrik (I don't personally recommend this)

can you share your reasons for this? the binder connectors seem great, i'll go for them. but i'm just wondering why you don't like the neutriks for this application?

Back