Calrec PQ 1061

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzAllen

I recently had a chance to borrow a couple Calrec PQ1061 Pre/EQ modules. They were racked up by Brent Averil. I'm interested in the mic pre portion of these, anybody got any info? From what I understand these were built to the same specs as the Neve 33114, just a calrec design instead. Posible schematics? What input xformers were used in them? What do they tend to go for used?

Thanks much,
Brian

its a slightly different beast then the Neve the power requirement ae +/- 24vdc I have schematics but not in scanned form I'll need to see if can find them as for the input transfomer its a sowter and I'll have to doubl check the modle # Wil

Wilebee

Yes I have it on a disc on my desk but my desks is piled high with projects I have them in printed format and will have access to a scanner on sunday and will see if i can find some to host them Wil

Wilebee

Calrec 1081 input module schematic uploaded:

http://www.gyraf.dk/schematics/schematics.html

Use "save target as" - because internet explorer won't show non-interlaced .gif's over a certain size..

Jakob E.

Just checking, you guys got the email - cannikin, buz?

I emailed brian sowter to see what he knows about the input transformer and the 'unknown' mid-range inductor.....

I don't have a great deal of time or knowledge but I'd be willing to help out the best I can.

I would be interested in building a pair of these and I'm guessing they would be a cheaper project to undertake than something like the Neve1081's...

Cheers Tom

A PCB reverse of the original would be cool. Also, if sowter can offer the inductors that would be GREAT!

Can someone post a picture of the original? Are the amp blocks plug-ins?

Hey Raf,

from what I've seen, the 8 amp blocks are small plug-in modules like the 2520 etc, vertically mounted at the rear of the module.

I have a pic but nowhere to host it. I can mail it but its not very high res.

I wonder what Brian Sowter knows about the iron....

Cheers Tom

Brain,

I have contacted Sowter for the original input transformer and they told me at time that they can make it. He (B. Sowter) asked me for the color coding also cos seems that there's several models of this with same part number and the color of the leads will point to the right one.

I'd be interested in a few to make just the micpre.

btw is it possible to measure the inductors?

cheers!
Fabio

Fabio, yes I am also interested in just the pre section, maybe adding the HPF, but mostly just the pre. I have become quite fond of this amp over the last few uses. Ive got a pair here, one opened up. I'll look into the transformer color coding and take some photos as well.

Did B. Sowter mention the cost for a small run of these?

Brian

the color coding for the input transformer is on the schem jakob is hosting. Might be just me, but I would be very excited to build this EQ in its entirety, much more so than a 1081. I really like these alot, but that just might be my taste. I would definitely build just the pre but it would be way cool to see this as a full project. If you know the sound of 33114's, these EQs are sorta like those but arent as cloudy sounding if that means anything.

Just thought Id wave the pom poms around for this one.

dave

Some pics of the 1061... Tightly packed little guy huh?

IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

Here's the DOA, 8 of them lined up in there....

IMG_0581.JPG

I'll get the xformer wiring info tommorow or so.

Brian

wow, they even look like 33114's internally.

laying all that out on a larger board wouldnt be so bad I dont think.

dave

Back