Flakey People

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

So what happened to the days when you had something for sale, someone wanted it, contacted you and you made the deal?
Ive got some stuff posted on the black market and 3 times now ive gotten a pm with a price offer and twice they never replied back (im assuming 3 days is plenty) and just now i get the old “ok i want it” and 2 minutes later “nope i dont want it”

im getting annoyed with the wasting of time.  when did this userbase get to be so rude and inconsiderate ffs?

I'm wondering the same thing looking at the stash of pcbs I have left over from a production run for guys that ordered with me, but eventually decided they couldn't be bothered paying for them.

As we get more and more users in the forums, especially younger,  I think it's worth clarifying your sales.  Claim publicly by posting in the thread and pay within 24 hours by paypal, otherwise it goes back on the market.  In that 24 hours you mark sale pending on the item, easily reverted.

JohnRoberts said:
There have always been flakes, but now with the WWW it is easier for them to ruin your day.

Trust but verify, i.e. don't trust all that much.

JR

hahaha! trust but verify is a commonly used expression in my dept and the Operating Room (part time RN at a hospital)

It’s basically a nice way of telling someone you need to make sure they didn’t f something up that your name/ rep/ patient safety is attached to.

I work with techs and they can get soo testy when I need to look at equipment settings or something related to a procedure. I’m like, “trust but verify”
and they’re thinking, “trust this”.

andyfromdenver said:
hahaha! trust but verify is a commonly used expression in my dept and the Operating Room (part time RN at a hospital)

It’s basically a nice way of telling someone you need to make sure they didn’t f something up that your name/ rep/ patient safety is attached to.

I work with techs and they can get soo testy when I need to look at equipment settings or something related to a procedure. I’m like, “trust but verify”
and they’re thinking, “trust this”.
I remember seeing a sign on the wall in a small store... "In god we trust, everybody else pays cash. "

JR

I think people are sincere in that they  " want " things , but they know it destroys the dream to actually spend money
and have it not change their life , in fact make it worse by sitting around unused & reminding them of it.
[ don't have to get to that stage if you don't actually buy it ! ]

Guilty ! Volker  email me  and I'll pay up for a couple pre pcb's!
What works for me with gtr gear but not pro audio is that is that i think , just play some you'll enjoy it enough or
finish your songs first, or check the priorities list

Kijiji here is , 10 people say they want it ,  5 say they're coming down , 1 actually does , but only want to pay half
If someone starts asking for a better deal without seeing it , I sometimes say sure, but that's the price when you get here
then I delete the message and don't have to worry about more bother

josh said:
im getting annoyed with the wasting of time.  when did this userbase get to be so rude and inconsiderate ffs?

I will not give any names but if they read this thread they'll know who they are.

There are quite a number of discourteous people in this forum. 

Never mind not responding to my response to their own inquiry in the first place, I sent things like transformers on a loan basis and never heard back.  In one occasion I spent a whole day, and my own money to help somebody out with some grain bulbs and the person stopped responding as soon as he received them. We are talking about a few GBP here.  As we call it. "Cheap skates".

sahib said:
I will not give any names but if they read this thread they'll know who they are.

There are quite a number of discourteous people in this forum. 

Never mind not responding to my response to their own inquiry in the first place, I sent things like transformers on a loan basis and never heard back.  In one occasion I spent a whole day, and my own money to help somebody out with some grain bulbs and the person stopped responding as soon as he received them. We are talking about a few GBP here.  As we call it. "Cheap skates".
True, I have similar experience here with few members, but hey... life goes on ;)

Although this is an annoyance , compared to just plain being ripped off !
twice from the black market for a few hundred each from people who were not strangers
[  two red flags are people who haven't been around for a while and suddenly show up selling things
and are moving or claim to be - can't track the address ? ]

Also this is a version of the buffet line where your eyes are bigger than your stomach !

Back